version 9.3.16 for Windows unstable

post here general topics for software
mikejs

version 9.3.16 for Windows unstable

Post by mikejs »

Hi

I updated our installation to version 9.3.16 for Windows on Monday. During our rehearsal session on Tuesday the software crashed 4 times.

is their any troubleshooting i can do before i return to the old version at the weekend.
support
Administrateur

Re: version 9.3.16 for Windows unstable

Post by support »

Hello,

Yes please post a wetransfer link to download a ZIP of your lightshow
Here is how to proceed: https://forum.thelightingcontroller.com ... .php?t=168

And some explanations telling how to reproduce the problem would be nice. The best is a video showing the problem.

Please tell us also your computer and DMX interface details.

Our target is to be able to reproduce the problem.
The Lighting Controller
gwystyl

Post by gwystyl »

Hi there, I'm also in need of re-downloading the 9.2 version. The new version has become very unstable with both Pixels and the 3D viewer, every time I open it I lose multiple pieces of information with the 3D viewer, regardless of how I try to save them. The last time I opened it about 1/2 my pixel assignments have now disappeared as well. I thought perhaps it was because there was a large amount of memory being used and have test the memory on the computer but that came back 100% with no errors, so that leaves the software. I tried looking for prior versions and can only see where to go back to version 8, which while stable does lose some functionality that I've become accustomed to. I now have 2 weeks to re-build and re-program the pixels for a show that I have booked, and can't use the software because 9.3 has proven to be unreliable. Please provide a link to download 9.2
gwystyl

Post by gwystyl »

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b3ez259g ... 1dyll&dl=0

As mentioned previously, when I edit the light fixtures to move them around in 3d view, then close the program, or sometimes even just closing the 3d viewer, when I reopen it they are moved around randomly. It's different ones each time, some stay where they're supposed to be others change. Sometimes they go to identical places as other lights so there are multiple lightsw ith the same exact settings.

Since it's not actually critical for a show, I'd just given up on the 3d viewer for now and was working on the pixel setup which is critical to get programmed. I closed the program, and when I opened it next 1/2 the pixel assignemnts were gone. Completely missing.

Link to view image of the pixels missing:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3syod4fj ... 8zgti&dl=0

Link to view image of the pixels after fixing them and resetting to where they were before this recent issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5nhtli98 ... 9gbqg&dl=0

Desktop is windows 10 with Intel I5 and 16Gb ram. USB devices are Chauvet ShowXpress 512 and 1024's.

I'm sorry, I don't have a ton of time to do a lot of troubleshooting for you, I've tried to get you the details you requested before, but I just really need to be able to re-install version 9.2 so I can get this completed for the next gig.
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

This is the lightshow with the corrupted positions in Pixels.
Please provide an old backup of your lightshow with the correct positions of the fixtures, then we will try to reproduce the problem to get the corrupted positions.

We do not have anymore V9.2.
We have to find the problem and fix it.

FYI: it is possible to keep the previous version of our software on your PC when installing a new one. Just give two different names for the software like "software_9.2" and "software_9.3".
The Lighting Controller
gwystyl

Post by gwystyl »

Hi again, thanks for the fast response, I don't have an old version I can provide. I wasn't aware that this version was unstable when I allowed it to upgrade, so I didn't have a specific backup yet. I had been working on changing the lights out for universes 4 - 6, and would have created a new export/backup once I was done.

On a different note, I was wrong about the version though, I checked my laptop which hasn't been upgraded yet and it's on version 9.3.8, vs 9.3.16 on the desktop where I do all my programming. So I have an old lightshow available, but it doesn't have any of the changes I'd been setting up for the new lightshow, so I don't think it would provide any benefit to upload it. I can if you'd like though?
gwystyl

Post by gwystyl »

Hi again, while looking at the files that hadn't sync'd from my laptop I decided to try copying the program files from there to the desktop. I was able to successfully copy everything over and the desktop is now running 9.3.8, I'll just have to leave that where it is now until I have free time to look into your version 2 apparently, since you've stated you're abandoning this version. Thanks for the effort though. If (heaven forbid) I have the same problem where it own't save the live positions or what not then I will know it's a bigger issue and start a new thread for it.
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

you've stated you're abandoning this version
The version 9 of our software is still relevant.
We just can not add some features on it because this version is more than 15 years old.
FYI: https://forum2.thelightingcontroller.co ... c.php?t=20

Please stop saying such words in multiple places in this forum.
We will not appreciate one more similar comment.
The Lighting Controller

Return to “General software”