OS2L Working (Sort of)

live control with Virtual DJ
tjjano33

OS2L Working (Sort of)

Post by tjjano33 »

So I'm having an issue with sending OS2L commands. I have version 9.3.16 installed on my PC and Virtual DJ v2024 b8263 installed on the same PC. In preferences I have virtual DJ enabled, and I also have Bonjour installed on the PC. When I open Virtual DJ then the light program, and I play a song, it sends the BPM with no issues.

Here is the issue: I am assigning an os2l button command on one of my pads, named os2l_button "cocktail". I have also tried: os2l_button 'cocktail' and os2l_button cocktail. The button in my light show is named cocktail (no capital letters are in the name). When I press the pad it does not activate the button. There has got be something simple that I am missing, but I can't figure it out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob_be

Re: OS2L Working (Sort of)

Post by Bob_be »

I'm having the same issue. I think the problem is coming from VDJ. I haven't updated Showxpress in a few years. VDJ has been updated whenever there is an update. I'm not sure if the problem has started with the latest update or the previous update.

POI also does not work.

I was able to use Wireshark to see that beats signal was being sent, but the pads/buttons appeared to not be sending a signal. I ran out of time before I was able to investigate it further.
tjjano33

Re: OS2L Working (Sort of)

Post by tjjano33 »

This is the response I got from Virtual DJ: There was a bug recently, update to the current early access as it has been fixed.

I have the most recent version of Virtual DJ, not sure where to get the early access update?

Return to “Virtual DJ”