Desktop shortcut right to proper light show?

post here general topics for software
Ghostfeeder

Desktop shortcut right to proper light show?

Post by Ghostfeeder »

Is it possible to make a shortcut on my Desktop that when clicked will just open up the show I want? I have a shortcut to the Lightning Controller on my desktop already, but when I open it it just opens a blank TimeLine and I have to open the one I am after.

Three times now I have accidentally clicked the "save" icon instead of the "open" button and saved a blank timeline over the finished one I intended to open (I wish you guys just had OPEN or SAVE text on these buttons instead of your own unique iconography). I back up religiously, so aside from the hassle, no big deal. However, I would love to not even have to risk this issue by clicking a shortcut on my desktop and just having it be what I need in an instant.

I have tried dragging the file to my desktop. When I click it, it opens the software but still just a blank timeline. I have also tried making a shortcut to the file on the desktop. Still the same result.

Is it possible to do this? Forgive my ignorance as I am a Mac person, using a PC exclusively for this program and nothing else and I am a little confused by the way in which the files for this program seem to embed themselves to deeply into my computer. Thank you!
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Desktop shortcut right to proper light show?

Post by Niffo »

We suggest to create a "TimeLine Button" in the "Live/Buttons" tab.
Ghostfeeder

Post by Ghostfeeder »

Could you direct me to where I can learn how to do that? I have never used that feature before. Thanks. Currently, my timeline opens in the tab called "Buttons #2," with the "Timeline" tab saying "sequential list is BETA..." and another tab called "Buttons #1 #1" that opens a page that says "Page_1."

Not sure what to make of any of that.
Niffo
Administrateur

Post by Niffo »

Please update your software at least to 8.1.15 to solve these "tab label" problems viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4528

Then right-click in the "Page_1" in your "Buttons #1" tab and select "Add TimeLine".
Ghostfeeder

Post by Ghostfeeder »

I am using v. 8.1.15.
Niffo
Administrateur

Post by Niffo »

Is it possible to have your light show to take a look at this wrong tab name ?
Ghostfeeder

Post by Ghostfeeder »

How can I get it to you?
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

The Lighting Controller
Ghostfeeder

Post by Ghostfeeder »

Sorry for the delay! The charger that goes to the computer I have the show on has been packed up so I couldn't use it. I will send the show your way in the next week or so. Thank you for your patience.
Ghostfeeder

Post by Ghostfeeder »

Finally got my gear in order and just sent you my show. I updated to the most current software version and my tabs are still labeled as previously described. Thanks.

Return to “General software”