Live screen - color of button has to be more visible

post here general topics for software
eedetail

Live screen - color of button has to be more visible

Post by eedetail »

I am normally very supportive of your ongoing development of showxpress.... but...

I gave the Alpha version a quick run, here are my comments:

I do not like the blue text / black buttons. I make extensive use of button colors, I do a lot of busking shows, knowing which color I am gonna hit on my touchscreens is critical. My show now only displays a very small color bar above the button. Way to small to make a quick decision on which button to touch.
It might look really cool during a show, but I dont think it is functional. Perhaps an option for the old display of buttons or the new one is in order.

Making the live screen a subscreen of the main program just ate up more valuable button real estate...
I run 8 boards on two tabs, as well as a child window. Some boards have 9 buttons. Some boards have 6 to 8 buttons with faders. That all eats up room, to where the faders disappear. Now, it looks like we lost another inch of screen at the top. I would prefer Live to be in its very own windows, as that portion of the program is where I make my money.

I will play with it some more, but dont forsee using it's format for a live show.

Thanks as always, I do appreciate your efforts.
TimE
eedetail

Live screen2

Post by eedetail »

Screen shots showing what I am talking about.
livev6.jpg
livev7.jpg
Lighter007

Re: Ongoing ShowXpress Development

Post by Lighter007 »

@eedetail

Yes, you´re absolutely right with the colors:
It looks very cool "in normal mode" BUT it´s almost useless "in action".
All the buttons/tabs/etc above the actual buttons are annoying when you play live. What about a little "Program mode" Button to hide/show all the other stuff?
Greetings from Germany! :)
support
Administrateur

Re: Live screen

Post by support »

Thanks for the feedback.
We note "option for Live in full screen" required.
The Lighting Controller
eedetail

Post by eedetail »

Please also add option to NOT go to black / blue for the buttons. I need much more color options.
TimE
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

We note "color info has to be more visible".
The Lighting Controller
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I agree, I need the button colours the way they were. They were used for all kinds of information when busking or producing highly programmed/stylised shows.
support
Administrateur

Re: Live screen - color of button has to be more visible

Post by support »

The Lighting Controller
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

That is fine. But if it is a good selling point than keep it as an option. Some folks have small setups, or prefer a darker screen.
Accommodating long-time users, with large complex shows and much colour usage, can work hand in hand with attracting new consumers.
If you wish I can offer a number of ideas that would make the black setup more usable to most everyone.
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

Note-
I would adopt the Black Key/Blue font setup with just 2 changes:
1. If I could change the font colour between White, Black or Blue.
2. If the colour I choose for the button is a larger percentage part of the button.
Here are 2 images of possible solutions:
Suggested Buttons.jpg
And of course there would have to be a provision for images given to buttons to be easily seen.

I also just noted on the "Timelines" post that users are saying the same thing about interface skins. Support, we don't dislike the new Black button colour scheme, in fact I liked it except for what I noted/suggested, it just needs to be tweaked to find what will please the most users from new to long-term users.

Return to “General software”