Get audio markers from Sony's Vegas and Acid

the second tab of Live, with timelines
Johann911

Get audio markers from Sony's Vegas and Acid

Post by Johann911 »

I know that timeline allows you to place (yellow) markers on the track, but would it be possible to import markers from a saved audio file?
Programmes such as Sony's Vegas and Acid allow you to place markers on a track and then save the file with the markers embedded. You can then import the saved file into another audio suite and the markers will appear on the track.
It's not an urgent matter, but it would make editing the timeline easier as you could place the markers on a track in a programme where you can see the waves.
support
Administrateur

Re: Audio markers

Post by support »

Not easy to be able to read the markers from a binary file from another software.
Even not sure we are allowed to do it (may be file format is copyrighted).
Anyway, noted.
The Lighting Controller
JohnRichards

Re: Get audio markers from Sony's Vegas and Acid

Post by JohnRichards »

A suggestion for this which would suit most users.
With your enhancement of the audio timeline showing the wave format (in progress), how about allowing each user to specify an audio editor attached to live which could then import and export markers.
John
HCM5150

Post by HCM5150 »

I use Audacity for a quick and accurate view of the audio waves. It's a light program and starts up a lot faster than software like Vegas or Sonar.
Then i write down the timestamp of the most important transients or accents of the song and later i use those to determine the excact location of the yellow markers in the timeline.

In reality i still need to move the yellow markers back or forward a bit (even if the timestamps were spot on in audacity) but this method still saves up a lot of time : )
JohnRichards

Post by JohnRichards »

I think that is the standard method that we all use to determine cue times in either creating scenes or programming timelines. I am suggesting to support whether it is feasable or not to allow us to link our preferred audio editor to the program which would then allow for the elimination of step one.
John

Return to “TimeLine”