the first tab of Live, with pages and buttons
Pink LD

Re: triggering buttons w/ DMX?

Post by Pink LD »

The console is, or the USB/DMX hub?
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

The converter has an LED that flashes about every 1/4 second when connected to the USB port. Nothing changes when connected to the DMX console.I can get an Enntec or something if that matters. I really want this to work. This DMX wing is sweet. It must be made in the same factory as the Elation. Got it from cheaplights.com for about less than half the price of the Elation.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

The converter is just some generic unit.

Thanks for your quick reply!
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

If you wish to use a wing console for DMX triggers with this software you will this software's product USB to DMX hub with a DMX in as well as a DMX out, like the old square silver box with feet. I still use 2 of them so I have a DMX input for my 32 ch wing.
I think they have a newer box that supports it as well but don't quote.
My impression is that future development will be midi support for wings.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

So I have to have an Xpress boxx to convert from DMX in?
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

not as many options w/ MIDI. It works great. I was up and running in minutes w/ my Korg Nano, but it's only 8 slider channels. I need sliders, I can't run a show w/ the push on/push off option on buttons, and I don't want to go to solo mode, as I want to layer scenes.

again…..thanks for your help.
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I run multiple show with macros, flash buttons, keyboard triggers, the app, a variety of styles of buttons.
There are so many different ways you can run a show.
I currently have two touchscreen 23 in monitors, two hubs, dual keyboards, dual tablets, dual wing consoles, and a second LD one half of the setup.
But I designed it in a way one operator can run the whole show but I like having a backup PC so I have options midshow if something fails.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

So you really need the old Xfactor interface? They are impossible to find. I feel like I just flushed $300 down the drain.
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I just went and looked at the interfaces the show on the forum here and yes, the old square box hubs are the only ones that support DMX in from a console. And those boxes only work on a Windows platform but are still working fine for me from XP into Win 8.1
The software is free, the hubs cost. The hubs are closed source. So they only work with this software.
Now the other route is a control software that is open source and will work with open source hubs like Enntec.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

Wish they'd made that clear before I bought the wing and the converter. I understand protecting their property by requiring the specific box on the output, but on the input too????

Return to “Buttons”