triggering buttons w/ DMX?

the first tab of Live, with pages and buttons
Pink LD

Re: triggering buttons w/ DMX?

Post by Pink LD »

Note:
When DMX triggering the default is latched on/Latched off.
In other words if you trigger a button with fader 1, the button will stay on until you pull down fader 1 and put it up again to release the button. If you wish to bypass that, make the DMX triggered button a Flash button as well. So when Fader is up, button is on. When you pull the fader down the button is released.
Also I have patched to my wing console the X and Y of my downstage followspots. And I also have a DMX triggered button to turn on shutter and dimmer to the same fader as my X. So when I move the fixture in X, the light comes on. So during my setup I just drive the follow spots to their focus points and save the focus as a preset on my console.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

So faders on a DMX console can't make the fader button trigger "fade"??? Of course they said you couldn't do it w/ MIDI, but I found out how. Unfortunately I have no idea of what sort of data a dmx console transmits. I sort of 'get' MIDI.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

Just to be clear. If you assign a 'fader button' attribute to a button controlled by dmx, can the physical fader made the virtual fader move?

Hey pink, got any links to youtube vids of your shows? looks like you're doing some really cool stuff.

cheers
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

First of all I have the old boxes with DMX input. I have no experience with wing consoles via midi, only DMX.
I would love to post a video of what I do and how I do it from setup, focus, and show. However that project has been on the backburner for some time and I don't see it happening in my tour schedule for at least 3 to 4 weeks.
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

Here is a video I posted awhile back about a problem that has been fixed. But some of the features you are asking about are demonstrated in this video, even though I was really showing a problem. Take a look and then ask me further questions if you have them:
ShowXpress Forum Fade Video: http://youtu.be/rhwIzu1fqWQ
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

Have you tried to operate the virtual fader button with the physical dmx fader? If that will work, then this will be exactly what I need.

thanks
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I would just softpatch the channel(s) that are channels I want a direct fade channel.
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

Just got a clone of the Elation 48 ch. Scene Setter. I can't get it to work. I havet a generic DMX to USB interface. Is there some setup that needs to be done in the DMX patch window like you do w/ MIDI? Getting a MIDI controller to work was a piece of cake, but no one make one w/ more than 8 faders.

I'm assuming Fader 1 is DMX channel 1.
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

First of all what DMX to USB hub do you have?
drphoto

Post by drphoto »

some generic one I got from amazon

Return to “Buttons”