More Tabs.

the first tab of Live, with pages and buttons
kahilzinger

More Tabs.

Post by kahilzinger »

I was reading up on the third screen option and see you added a second tab in the 6.33 Beta. I was thinking there is a lot of screen real estate left over with those tabs to the right that are not in use.

How difficult would it be to create the ability for us to creat our own tabs with any number we want?

I will be honest, I don't typically use the timeline function but I have a tab for it.

What I do use are various aspects fo the fixtures I have (gobo, movement, color, strobe, dimming, etc.). If I could, for example, I would create a tab for my LED Par Cans with 1, 2, 4, or 8 boards. Then, I could put all my boards under that tab. Then, I could make one for moving heads, effects, etc. By having the boards pre-configured under the tab, I could easily switch between screens and have the boards right there that I need. For the tabs that do not need 8 boards, I could lower it to 4. Who knows, maybe even a 6-board setup (3 across x 2 down).

As far as number of tabs, I would not want to limit it too much unless there was a reason for programming. After a certain number, you could put scrollbars to scroll between the large number of tabs if the need arrises.

I would probably equate this similar to MS Excel or MS PowerPoint or MS Visio where you have numerous sheets and each sheet has a tab and you can scroll between them. MS Programs having it on the bottom instead of on the top being a difference but easier to deal with for this application.

This would make things a lot easier for us who have video cards that only support a maximum of 2 displays but have tons of buttons to deal with. For those with video cards that can handle it, I would not want to limit that. If they have a 3 or 4 monitor stand and would like to make 3 or 4 monitor screens with all these tabs on each screen, that would be great for them. My laptop does a max of 2 and one of them is taken up by supplying video so I can only run a single screen to adjust lighting and ALT-TAB it to the DJ program when I need to run that.
kahilzinger

Re: More Tabs.

Post by kahilzinger »

Bump. Any interest? I am not a fan of putting beta on production to test out the second tab but looking forward to it in the next release.
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

Not possible for 2 reasons:
- big coding job (for only one person)
- more tabs will bring dmx playing lags
The Lighting Controller
kahilzinger

Post by kahilzinger »

But you would only worry about calling up the .SCE file for the buttons pressed on the active scene file and closing the .SCE file on the ones that you turn off. The other tabs would be dormant as far as adding or removing a scene from currently being played. Multiple step scenes would continue their loop or stop if there was no loop. It would just be just like calling up another page, but a group of pages.

Just trying to understand.
FlipC

Post by FlipC »

Minimizing and maximizing was PITA.
So I am great full that the 2nd page is tabbed BUT Why would allowing more be a big codding job?
It was in V5 already. I never had lag issues in V5.
kahilzinger

Post by kahilzinger »

I an really using it a lot. Less time than drop-down menus.
FlipC

Post by FlipC »

So I noticed I have 2 tabbed Button pages and also 1 Windowed Button page. So 3different pages altogether...

Again - I am lost at why you say this would be a BIG coding issue.
It existed prior to V6. IF it causes someone lag well then THEY can choose to reduce the # of pages they have.
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

FlipC wrote: Again - I am lost at why you say this would be a BIG coding issue.
It existed prior to V6. IF it causes someone lag well then THEY can choose to reduce the # of pages they have.
There is that attitue I pointed out to you about a month ago. Dude you have to show some respect to the coders! When possible, they have implemented allot of my ideas. Just be nice and ask why it would be a big job. Then see if you can help them brainstorm to get what you want (if possible) instead of saying what you said.

Master faders was asked for, for a while by many users before me. But until we brain stormed together it was just an idea on the todo list. 4 months later it is a reality and now we all benifit!

With obvious consideration to not every feature that you think of is useful to everyone, so not every idea will be adopted. No need to use capital letters at that point..

Return to “Buttons”