Files are still visible, but complete show is empty [fixed]

post here general topics for software
PhantomSound

Files are still visible, but complete show is empty [fixed]

Post by PhantomSound »

A few weeks ago I've created a complete show, including, fixtures, live-pages, 3D-view.
When trying to run that show this week, it seemed completely gone. No settings, no pages, no objects in 3D-view. When looking at my hard-drive, I still could see all files. This was using 6.28 on a Apple MacBook. (I also tried to re-create pages in Live by reloading the scenes, but got an error message that the file-format of the scenes was not supported or something like that).
As I figured I did something wrong, I installed 6.29, build then show again and guess what; it's gone again.
All files are still showing (yes, again), but when starting the software, nothing is there. At the startup of the Control Board it does show the default as the applicable show, which is correct. However, when looking into Setup, Live or 3D-View, everything looks like it is a brand new install.

Any idea what can be going on. This way, I can't rely on my computer to prepare or run a show with programmed scenes.

Thanks,

Frank
support
Administrateur

Re: Files are still visible, but complete show is empty

Post by support »

You can send us a backup of your lightshow ; we will check it.

Can we update your profile in the forum with "MacOS" instead of "Windows" ?
The Lighting Controller
PhantomSound

Re: Files are still visible, but complete show is empty

Post by PhantomSound »

Hi Support,

thanks for fixing the issue. Just by asking for the backup you triggered my figuring out that I didn't try the most basic thing; simply overwrite the show with the backup. Everything looks ok now again.
Still don't know what happened though. If it occurs again, I'll try to copy the broken show and mail it before overwriting it with the backup.

And yes, feel free to update my profile to Mac OS. Although I still have the XP system in place, I'm using the Mac OS more and more.

Thanks,

Frank

Return to “General software”