Software responding but not outputting.

post here general topics for software
ray-j-17

Software responding but not outputting.

Post by ray-j-17 »

i have been fiddling about with this software for a while now, but all of a sudden it has stopped outputting to anything, including the DMX bargraph and 3dview (yes, they are enabled before you ask ;) )

i had inserted a custom 3 object into the 3dview (a model of a gazebo i own) and it seemed to work fine, but when i began testing lighting positions/displays the lights did nothing. they may turn on but as soon as i attempted to change their pan/tilt positions the software would crash. in fact changing any value would crash it. even adding a colour. by crash, i mean the lights would stop doing anything and after a while the software itself would stop responding.

i checked the DMX bargraph. nothing. 3dview. nothing. it was outputting absolutely nothing but the main control screen was still allowing me to control it. i attempted reinstalling (including deleting all my show files. OK moving them) and it is still doing the same thing. i have just tried the light show on my laptop and it works fine (which is strange considering my laptop is complete garbage).

if you need any more information, just ask. i'm really hoping to get this fixed. :D
support
Administrateur

Re: Software responding but not outputting.

Post by support »

If same interface & software & lightshow work with a computer and do not work with another computer, our first idea is there is a problem with the 'non working' computer.
The Lighting Controller
ray-j-17

Post by ray-j-17 »

support wrote:If same interface & software & lightshow work with a computer and do not work with another computer, our first idea is there is a problem with the 'non working' computer.
do you know of any fixes?
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

If the problem comes from the computer, we can not help you.
Sorry for that.
The Lighting Controller
ray-j-17

Post by ray-j-17 »

i don't suppose you have any idea what could cause it? if you could give me an idea i could probably work it out myself. :3

Return to “General software”