New feature? "Override" or "Priority" button.

the first tab of Live, with pages and buttons
genlitepro

New feature? "Override" or "Priority" button.

Post by genlitepro »

First of all, I love the additional buttons page tab, and the master faders. Well done!
I did have an idea for a new feature. A priority button. As the buttons in Live are LTP (latest takes protocol), which they should be for most things, it would be nice to be able to assign a button as a priority or override. for example, If I want one of my technobeams to spot a lead vocal, I have an "override" scene that will move a techno position to that spot, send gobo to open and color to white. It works great until I select another button that effects that techno. Then I have to quickly re-select my override scene. A button set as a "priority button" would simply override any other buttons effecting the scene it is linked to until it is released. (this would also be an easy way to create a true blackout button). Again, thanks for all you do! I have used many conventional lighting consoles and a few other software systems, and in my opinion ShowXpress/Sweetlight is by far the best!
support
Administrateur

Re: New feature? "Override" or "Priority" button.

Post by support »

Thank you for your comments.

Noted for LTP idea.
We will see that after new major version (V7) is ready (first beta available soon).
The Lighting Controller
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I whole heartedly agree that this would be an outstanding feature. The way I have to go about dealing with this issues is much more complicated for the LD/Programmer than if it was a priority override button that would stay in control until released no matter what other DMX data is sent to the fixture.
zkflow

Post by zkflow »

great idea!! agreed!
Pink LD

Post by Pink LD »

I have programmed one solution/workaround for this that does work but only in a very specific way in certain circumstances. I wont go into the details because it is limited in how it works. So the bottom line is we really do need a Priority/Override setting in the dropdown menu of individual buttons.
But I suppose we would want it for V7.
Support? Should we start a thread in V7 fir this request? Or do you already have it in the ToDo list?
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

There are so many cases to consider.

You can start a new thread here viewforum.php?f=29, for that.
The Lighting Controller

Return to “Buttons”