Last year, my show was ok, and this year not !

only for things which concern both Buttons and Timeline
gdancoleman

Last year, my show was ok, and this year not !

Post by gdancoleman »

Is there a solution to this problem? I created a show last year and ran it successfully using the live screen. This year the same show will not run under the live screen. Even making sure that DMX is turned on, when a button on the live screen is pressed it turns dark grey, but the lights do not respond. I can go to the editor screen and recall the scene. When I play the scene in the editor all of the lights function as programmed. However, upon return to the Live screen, the lights will not respond at all. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application software; plus, I have upgraded to the latest release of ShowExpress. I am at a loss and my first show this year is tomorrow night.
support
Administrateur

Re: Last year, my show was ok, and this year not !

Post by support »

You can post (or email) your lightshow.
We will check it.
The Lighting Controller
skyliner

Post by skyliner »

Thats one of my reasons not to update if you have a show in that short time, next time keep the old version if it works fine. When you already updated and you see there are problems, you can rollback to the old version.
I always test the software live with a second pc/ laptop (no show) to see its all okay. When not i can use the main pc/laptop with the correct version. and with the second i`ll find out whats wrong or post an "help" on this forum. :D
Detour DJ

Post by Detour DJ »

Double-check the Editor to make sure the DMX is turned off. When it's turned on in Editor, it overrides the Live screen.
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
JohnRichards

Post by JohnRichards »

I always have 2 versions of ShowXpress on my work machine, and only the stable on on my "Live" machine.
Even if I only had the one machine, 2 or 3 versions would always be installed. This way, I have never had a crash at a show in many years.
John

Return to “General”