Losing graphics with lightshow export [fixed]

post here general topics for software
keithn3165

Losing graphics with lightshow export [fixed]

Post by keithn3165 »

When I export a show and import it on another computer, all of the graphics on the buttons do not appear. I have created an identical folder which contains all of the graphics and put it in the same place as the old computer, but all of the graphics do not appear on the buttons. I have to manually reload each graphic one button at a time. This is a real waste of time, and I am hoping there is a better way to do this. Also there is no way I see to contain a default color for a button so I can just select it and color the button the same as others.
support
Administrateur

Re: Losing graphics with lightshow export

Post by support »

The lightshow export / import functions do not export / import the files which are outside the lightshow folder.
If you put the graphic files into the lightshow folder, the lightshow export / import functions will export / import these files too..
The Lighting Controller
keithn3165

Re: Losing graphics with lightshow export [fixed]

Post by keithn3165 »

Do I have to put the graphics folder in the light show folder and re-assign them or will they find them when I export after I move them into that folder.? I say this because there is no path definitions when you import them when you assign them to buttons, at least none I can see. All of the graphics that I used in my project were taken from an outside folder from the lightshow folder. I fear I will need to re-enter them from a folder in the lightshow folder or they will not find them because show express is only looking for the file names.
support
Administrateur

Re: Losing graphics with lightshow export [fixed]

Post by support »

You have to re-assign them.

Tip to save time:
- first thing to do: save a backup of your lightshow
- assign only one graphic, save and close our software
- edit the file "../YourLightshow/Live/live.ini"
- find the name of the new graphic and copy its path
- find the other graphics and paste them the new path
The Lighting Controller