Chase Play Button

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Chase Play Button

Postby djb_554 » 06 January 2022, 07:18

Hi Folks,

I know you can set a live page to chase play and Random play in the drop down, but this plays the entire page of Macros and we’re finding it’s not user friendly for installs. Is it possible to select a group of Macros and get those to chase from a dedicated button? I’m trying to make installs as simple as possible.

So if I’ve got 3 slow macros ‘Slow Red-Slow Blue-Slow White’. I then want a “Slow All Chase” button - where it can play all the slow macros (or whatever I want) in a chase, but from a user friendly button. It would also be helpful if you could set the timing of the chase too.it would need to work with Solo Buttons selected too as this is the only way possible to leave installs.

Is this possible yet? Sorry if I’ve missed it.

If it’s not possible yet - is it something that can be added?

Also - you cannot select chase play/random play in the Live App. This has caused us issues where the PC is locked away and we leave a Tablet in the DJ Booths etc.

Thank you in Advanced.
Ben
djb_554

Re: Chase Play Button

Postby support » 06 January 2022, 09:07

Sorry but the option "chase/random play" is for the whole page.
We think this is better to keep that, because this is easy to understand for the users.
You just have to add a page for a new option.

The chase jumps to the next button at the end of the button's play.
For a slower chase, you can change (in the screen Live) the duration of the buttons.

Yes, the app "Live Mobile" allows only to select pages and play buttons.
We think this is the right level of protection. With the tablet, we can only play and we can not open the menus to change the lightshow.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djb_554 » 06 January 2022, 09:27

Thanks for the reply and a Happy New Year to you.

Please can I request this to be added at some point? I have installed Showxpress / Quick DMX in over 100 venues now and it’s always been annoying not being able to have a configurable / customisable chase macros button.

For installs it’s just much easier and user friendly having 1 single page with all the macros (slow medium fast smoke flash etc) on one single panel. Especially with solo buttons needing to be selected.

I know you think it’s easier for pro users to understand - I just need the Live Page to be as ‘fool proof’ as possible for installs. This is for Bar and Nightclub installs where users can be Bar Staff, Managers, DJs or Performers. The drop down menu and Selecting ‘Random Play’ can be a right faff even for me.

Again, most of our installs are using the LIVE App now and running wireless. So a chase button is desperately needed in these situations.

Please take my suggestion onboard and possibly look into it for a future update. It would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ben
djb_554

Postby support » 07 January 2022, 14:56

Thank you for these explanations.
Makes sense.
Noted for the next major software version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 10 January 2022, 21:20

First of, happy new year Ben

djb_554 wrote:I know you can set a live page to chase play and Random play in the drop down, but this plays the entire page of Macros and we’re finding it’s not user friendly for installs. Is it possible to select a group of Macros and get those to chase from a dedicated button? I’m trying to make installs as simple as possible.

This is easy, just add another Buttons Tab, with as many Pages as you like and put individual chases in each Board. Need more? Add yet another Buttons Tab with how many as needed Boards on it.
You can also with ease, just use Steps to create chases if they are really simple as in you example. This way you can also control playtime for individual steps in the chase. So say you have a step firing strobe-effect on you washes, while your movingheads are doing cartwheels or what ever. Having that step at ~ 1-2 sec, and continue to next static step that runs for 12 sec with wash returning to some color, and movers continuing its cartwheel is way cooler than having what every random macro fire every 2 or so seconds by a randomized page option.
Or maybe have different buttons (step scene) triggered in different Boards by a Macro push-button from the user tablet. Where some program is in Steps, some are randomized Boards and some are movement for movingheads. Sweetlight/Showxpress/QuickDMX is powerful when used smart enough.

djb_554 wrote:Also - you cannot select chase play/random play in the Live App. This has caused us issues where the PC is locked away and we leave a Tablet in the DJ Booths etc.

Just use two Boards with the same buttons on them. One board on Chase, one on Random. 2 Macro buttons, one firing Chase, one Random (on the userboard for tablet).
Use Macros to fire chases. Use another Macro Flash button (where all used scenes/buttons are selected] to stop chase.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby djb_554 » 14 January 2022, 07:18

Hi Thorehl,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate what you’re saying but it would create a very complicated interface for users in an install environment. Back to basics is what I’m suggesting - it just needs to be simple and easy to use for venue staff and DJs who are also playing music and busy controlling the patrons etc.

I understand completely what you’re saying, but I think you’ve misunderstood. I’m asking for some really basic features here to make the software more install friendly.

Many thanks
Ben
djb_554

Return to Live - Buttons