Chauvet - Intimidator Scan 110

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Chauvet - Intimidator Scan 110

Postby djricoche » 29 October 2020, 03:27

I have a question about programming these Scanners in ShowXpress.

I can get the macro movements and gobo to work on seperate buttons, but when I try to activate both at the sametime (i.e. Macro 1 with gobo 6) the macro movement just stops and switches to the gobo with no movement.

I want to be able to switch between Macros and gobos on the fly, but this is making it impossible. Can anyone offer some insight?

For reference I have attached my button layout for the fixtures.
djricoche

Re: Chauvet - Intimidator Scan 110

Postby SeekLighting » 29 October 2020, 04:02

djricoche wrote:I have a question about programming these Scanners in ShowXpress.

I can get the macro movements and gobo to work on seperate buttons, but when I try to activate both at the sametime (i.e. Macro 1 with gobo 6) the macro movement just stops and switches to the gobo with no movement.

I want to be able to switch between Macros and gobos on the fly, but this is making it impossible. Can anyone offer some insight?

For reference I have attached my button layout for the fixtures.

Intimidator1.png

On most of these fixtures with in-built Macros, the macro will completely override any other DMX setting you have set. This is not a limitation of the software, but a limitation of the fixture.
SeekLighting

Postby djricoche » 29 October 2020, 11:32

I understand that may be the case, but this fixtures macros only seem to control the movement of the mirror and not the light, gobo, etc. When a macro is activated, the mirror moves to the pre-programmed macro, but the light is off and no gobo is active.
djricoche

Postby support » 29 October 2020, 11:35

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djricoche » 29 October 2020, 11:41

I will double check that non-needed items are set to inactive, but it seems unlikely that is the cause of the problems I am having.
djricoche

Postby thorehl » 21 January 2021, 16:48

Bit later here, but the first thing that hit me when I read you post was active channels in you step scene.
Example:
Gobo - DMX channel 5
Macro - DMX channel 8

In the editor make sure that channel 5 is _NOT_ active when in step-scenes that control channel 8 and vise versa.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Live - Buttons