request - Multiple MIDI Trigger Output

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

request - Multiple MIDI Trigger Output

Postby Bobnjul » 05 August 2020, 18:54

Something that would be useful to me is the ability to trigger multiple MIDI commands from one Live Mode Button. I can find usefulness in having both the option for it trigger two or more MIDI commands simultaneously OR in succession from within the Button Trigger dialog. (I use Show Express to trigger projection screen images via MIDI - being able to send two messages from one button push would make my programming so much more efficient.)

I would also love to see the ability to implement MIDI from within the Step Editor... but I'll setup a new thread over there.
Bobnjul

Re: Multiple MIDI Trigger Output - Request

Postby support » 06 August 2020, 07:52

Read.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: request - Multiple MIDI Trigger Output

Postby dumbfungus » 26 October 2020, 20:59

Hey here’s a work around you can use maybe. Tell me if it wouldn’t work. Each button has midi in as well as midi out. Make use of that.

Make a blank scene and button. Set it up as a flash button in software. Set midi Trigger it with whatever button you’re already using for the button you already had. So Basically your physical midi button will Now activate 2 showXpress buttons.

So now assign midi output of the new blank Button. You have 2 buttons active, so you’d have 2 buttons sending midi out message.

Make a 3rd or 4th if you want. Just be sure to assign midi output like you want. Activate them all with the same midi trigger
dumbfungus

Postby Niffo » 26 October 2020, 21:02

Or you can use a macro to trigger multiple buttons ...
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Bobnjul » 20 November 2020, 22:16

Hey guys, I'll try these solutions and see how it goes.
Bobnjul

Return to Live - Buttons