V9.1.9 - Selecting number of boards issue [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

V9.1.9 - Selecting number of boards issue [fixed]

Postby joshjosh » 04 February 2019, 21:46

I'm having a problem when trying to change the number of boards in a tab. Every time I select an inferior number of boards than what I have currently, it prompts me to import a light show. When trying to select a higher number of boards, it prompts me to export my light show. This only started happening after I upgraded to 9.1.1.
joshjosh

Re: Selecting number of boards issue

Postby SeekLighting » 04 February 2019, 23:35

Hi mate,

This is known bug on Mac that has been fixed in a later patch (we are now up to 9.1.12 I believe)

Please download and install the fix file: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... ew/fix.zip
SeekLighting

Postby joshjosh » 05 February 2019, 15:45

After pasting the files (for mac) into the app folder, I get an error message saying "Error loading library 'efk_hardware' !"
joshjosh

Postby SeekLighting » 05 February 2019, 20:30

I don't know anything about this issue sorry, I'll wait for support to post
SeekLighting

Postby support » 06 February 2019, 11:15

This message means that "TheLightingController.app" is not able to find the file "efk_hardware.dylib".
Both files must be located in the same folder.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby joshjosh » 07 February 2019, 15:45

support wrote:This message means that "TheLightingController.app" is not able to find the file "efk_hardware.dylib".
Both files must be located in the same folder.

Well shoot.. I've done it the same about 3 tries before.. and now what I tried again, it works. Go figure. Thanks for the support everyone!
joshjosh

Re: V9.1.9 - Selecting number of boards issue [fixed]

Postby DJ Veesmooth » 19 February 2019, 01:18

I am also having the initial problem and the new problem. I downloaded the fix as stated above and I am getting the same error as mentioned :"Error loading library 'efk_hardware' !". the "TheLightingController.app" is in the same folder as the efk_hardware.dylib". How did you guys resolve this? Still trying to fix this until you guys reply. Thanks!
DJ Veesmooth

Postby DJ Veesmooth » 19 February 2019, 02:35

I found a work around which is not effecient. If I click on TheLightingController.app with (Ctrl + mouse click) and open up the app menu. I selected show Package content. It open up a folder. I navigated to content -> MacOS and clicked on TheLightingController. This open the app perfectly and I was able to add board tabs and take them away as normal. Can you please show me how to fix this that I don't have to go through all these steps to open up my lighting. Why is it not working just by clicking on TheLightingController.app. Thanks.
DJ Veesmooth

Postby livetechproductions » 19 February 2019, 13:46

With previous updates having the same issue I've found a solution on this forum which worked for me.
https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =10&t=6026
1) First overwrite ONLY the .app file (so not the dylib file!).
2) Start the app. The new version number should be visible in the splash screen.
3) While running, overwrite the .dylib file.
4) Close the app and restart again.

Make sure to make a copy of both files before upgrading!

Regards,
Jeroen
livetechproductions

Postby DJ Veesmooth » 22 February 2019, 22:07

livetechproductions You are a genious. This worked 100 percent.... Thank god for these forums because I have no clue how you figured out that sequence...loool :shock:
DJ Veesmooth

Next

Return to Mac OS