Different addressing for similar fixtures

declare your lighting equipment

Different addressing for similar fixtures

Postby CDSLP » 07 January 2019, 03:47

Hi, I've got 8, 7 channel RGB cans by U-King and 2 of them have different addresses for the RGB values (R is G, G is B and B is R). Is there a way to change those 2 cans to match the other 6?
thanks, Darryll.
CDSLP

Re: Different addressing for similar fixtures

Postby SeekLighting » 07 January 2019, 04:27

If you want the fixtures to all be on their own address, just make a new custom fixture profile for your messed up fixtures.

If you want them all on the same address then no, sorry that is not possible as far as I'm aware.

Just a note that that "brand" U'King is of really terrible quality, hence why you're having fixture profile issues like that. A number of beginner users have tried to buy those cheap fixtures and have run into a plethora of other problems. Buyer beware
SeekLighting

Re: Different addressing for similar fixtures

Postby CDSLP » 07 January 2019, 16:58

Thanks for the reply,
That's what I thought I'd do if there wasn't an alternative way. I'll just re-address and book end the odd two. I knew I was getting cheap lights, I only used them as uplights but I thought I could get a cool effect with the color wheel in generator....Darryll

I ended up fixing the problem by taking the lights apart and re-pinning the plugs to the other lights, a little more involved but it works perfectly. The color change and delay make an amazing display in generator.
CDSLP

Return to Editor - Fixtures