[request] Groups for Fixtures in Generator

create scenes with shape generator

[request] Groups for Fixtures in Generator

Postby DeeStage » 27 July 2016, 19:56

Hey ;)

I miss the feature to put the selected Fixtures into different groups in generator. So that Fixtures in the same group have the same ammount of Shift.

For instance:
I have 4 movinglights and I want to let them run a Circle in Pan/Tilt.. But i want Movinghead 1&3 to do the same and Movinghead 2&4 to do the same.
Just with a shift of 50% between these two Groups....

PS: its not possible to realize an Efffect like that with Pan/Tilt Reverse.

best regards DeeStage
DeeStage

Re: [request] Groups for Fixtures in Generator

Postby support » 28 July 2016, 08:59

Noted.
Would require too much programming job, for a too small new function, in our opinion.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DeeStage » 28 July 2016, 09:51

Thank you ;)

I just have taken a Vido to show you why I really need a feature like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kfv8vpjLqc
DeeStage

Postby support » 28 July 2016, 17:14

Thank you for the video.
Yes, interesting when having a lot of fixtures.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby samwise309 » 20 September 2016, 00:22

Bumping this request. I see a lot of designs like the "symmetrical cartwheel" where, for example, you have two lights circling in towards the center left to right, and two more lights going right to left at the same time. Right now, I cant figure out how to clone the movement of one moving head to another in a generator. This video obviously isn't a Lighting Controller video, but the movement he shows at 4:45 is what I'm trying to get to. Thank you!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRlJN1LALFk
samwise309

Postby BartKrap » 20 September 2016, 09:50

You can save a movement pattern, this can later be applied to the other lights, this should work as a clone.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby samwise309 » 21 September 2016, 15:22

I've saved a pattern before and applied it to another set of lights, but then in live view I have to have two buttons activated at once to make them work together and I'm sort of OCD if you will about being able to just have one live button for that movement. I know it doesn't sound like a pressing issue but, would definitely make things easier being able to make two fixtures do the same thing from another set in generator. :D
samwise309

Postby BartKrap » 22 September 2016, 18:44

samwise309 wrote:I've saved a pattern before and applied it to another set of lights, but then in live view I have to have two buttons activated at once to make them work together and I'm sort of OCD if you will about being able to just have one live button for that movement. I know it doesn't sound like a pressing issue but, would definitely make things easier being able to make two fixtures do the same thing from another set in generator. :D

Sure, I know what you're going trough. To achieve such scenes, I always have a background tab with these kinds of buttons. The scenes are either triggered by a macro key or by assigning the same midi note to both buttons (whatever works best).

As an idea for support; maybe an option to invert pan or tilt (or both) per fixture per generator scene?
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby support » 23 September 2016, 06:44

As an idea for support; maybe an option to invert pan or tilt (or both) per fixture per generator scene?

This is already existing: toolbar > button "Menu" > select "Reverse Pan/Tilt"
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 11 December 2016, 15:26

Still +1 on this, If you find the time, please implement this, it'll make the software more useful on big shows.
BartKrap

Next

Return to Editor - Generator