Editor - show full path (with sub-folder) of scene name, in window title bar
Editor - refresh pan/tilt display in real time, in play mode
Editor - "Grouped actions" option works in pan/tilt & rgb section
Editor - improved pan/tilt section display
Editor - transparent red mark over channels icons
Generator - fan slider shows "%" after the value
Generator - curve with a few points generate correct scenes
2DView - lasso for fixtures selection
Live - mouse actions (click, right click for menus, ...) do not freeze temporarily the show
Live - BPM goes from 10 to 500 ; it must be validated with key <enter>
Live - the shortcut for function "freeze" is now <ctrl enter>
Live - background color of timeline&media&macro buttons follows the button color
Live - "no loop" & "flash" icons in buttons
Live - "solo" & "chase play" & "random play" icons in pages
Live - "Media property" feature (like in TimeLine)
Live - can change the manual BPM in the Media property window
Live - change the file of a button by another file, keeping its properties
Live - remembers the path after "Open" or "Save" action
Live - "mouse button up" action triggers the button only if the mouse cursor stays over the button
Live - option to mark the "already played" buttons
Live - escape key in "Page/Button name edition" does not create an empty page/button
Live - button menu option "Change file", to swap existing scene with another scene
Live - "page chase/random play" works with timeline projects.
Live - no crash when trying to remove the last remaining page
TimeLine - can change the manual BPM in the Media property window
TimeLine - shows the right section (with BPM, DMX, 3D, ... options)
TimeLine - tool BPM
TimeLine - change the file of an event by another file, keeping its properties
Timeline - add more than one scene/media file, in one action
Timeline - lasso for events selection
TimeLine - no crash when trying to paste an empty clipboard

Please note that version 6.25 beta is not available as a complete software. Only the EXE (or APP for MacOS) files are available in a ZIP file. You just have to extract the entire ZIP file in your software folder.

The ZIP file is available here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... ware/beta/
Please make a backup of your lightshows before trying this version.

Please make posts regarding this beta version exclusively in this section.
The Lighting Controller
jaxx00974

Re: 36 improvements

Post by jaxx00974 »

Fantastic ! only tried it in the studio (show with the lights all hooked up in the garage) but these are brilliant changes !

I am going to run this throroughly and post in a day or so.

Can I add, the properties in the audio is probably one ofthe most useful, superb additions ! This alone will allow us to level out the mismatched audio volumes in our timelines which was a task that I was about to do and take forever on, but this addition takes good care of it, well done ! Same goes for the adding more than one scene at a time and last directory, REALLY handy and good for working quickly,, , Coupled with the copy paste and rubber banding the entire project, I can now work 10 times faster, a joy to use !

You guys put alot of developers to shame with regards to programming and customer care ! magic.

One tiny addition though, I love the 'check used' implimentation where it now shows a small 'tick' but I would love it to be big and full sized so it can be more easily seen ? Sorry for being a pain :-)

I will post soon.

Thanks chaps !

Lee.
tomrbland

Post by tomrbland »

That is one hell of an update!! I look forward to experimenting with it.
jaxx00974

Few of things

Post by jaxx00974 »

In the garage working on the show using the new 6.25.

Before I highlight a couple of issues I would first like to say the changes are really brilliant.

However, I did find a couple of issues,

1. In 6.24 Timeline you where able to touch a scene and it would show you it's position, now it doesnt work unless you right click then left click the scene. Nnot major but thought i would point it out.

2. This could have been a freak event but it happened twice tonight. If I have a scene loaded in the Editor, then choose to load another scene up using the load Icon (not the drop down list) for some reason it behaved as a 'Save' ? Thus the scene I wanted to load anew was saved as the old scene, odd. I will be honest and say I tried to recreate this problem and couldnt so I put it down to user error and carried on working and it didnt happen again, until about 30 mins later it did it again. So it isnt something which can be recreated to order, it sort of cherry picks when it does it. Again this could maybe be my overly quick mouse clicking so let me test it further over the next few days.

3. The rubber banding in Timeline works well however I couldnt rubber band everything ? I have to choose the top most timeline (Comments timeline if enabled or the video timeline) and it only chooses to highlight the timelines below the one I start to rubberband on, it never selects the actual 1st timeline. I admit this is minor and easily worked around by always doing it on the comments timeline as I dont use this very much (but others might)

4. If anyone Notices an increase in mis timed playback when playing from the red marker In T imeline then be sure it isnt the software at Fault, it happened on my lesser spec Laptop but plays beautifully on a good machine (like my server upstairs) Just thought i would write that incase people think the software is at fault (seems to be because I am using pure *.Wav files which is needed to prevent codec lag. In short, use Wavs on a decent Laptop or PC/ MAC and you get no lag of any type.

I will test more during this week.

All in all, Sweetlight is fast becoming an all in one live media delivery system with no equal !

Thanks gents,

Lee.

Single Core Laptop - 2GB Memory - 54000RPM HDD - Windows XP SP3
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

Thank you for your feedback Lee.

1 - This problem comes from the new lasso tool. We will check how to manage two different behaviours (showing position and showing lasso) with one single event (left mouse click).

2 - We note this. We will check the code, and we will use more this "load" icon instead of using the drop down menu, when programming some shows.

3 - Noted. We will see if we can improve that.

4 - Thank you for this comment (added here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=310)
The Lighting Controller
jaxx00974

Re: Few of things

Post by jaxx00974 »

jaxx00974 wrote: 2. This could have been a freak event but it happened twice tonight. If I have a scene loaded in the Editor, then choose to load another scene up using the load Icon (not the drop down list) for some reason it behaved as a 'Save' ? Thus the scene I wanted to load anew was saved as the old scene, odd. I will be honest and say I tried to recreate this problem and couldnt so I put it down to user error and carried on working and it didnt happen again, until about 30 mins later it did it again. So it isnt something which can be recreated to order, it sort of cherry picks when it does it. Again this could maybe be my overly quick mouse clicking so let me test it further over the next few days.
Found that it was in fact a faulty drifting mouse. Thus no fault in the software, sorry for the mis-report chaps.

Regards,

Lee.
jaxx00974

New bug

Post by jaxx00974 »

Discovered that when you use the 'load more than one scene at a time into Timeline' only the first scene in the group of scenes on the timeline plays, the rest are blank content (but has the correct name)

Secondly, The Editor. When you click a fixture and make some changes etc once finished and you click another fixture to work on it doesnt unhighlight the 1st fixture.

Cheers,

Lee.
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

"load more than one scene at a time into Timeline"
This is a bug ; working on it.

"it doesnt unhighlight the 1st fixture"
Bug found this morning ; working on it to.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

Timeline you where able to touch a scene and it would show you it's position ... - fixed
The rubber banding in Timeline ... - fixed
load more than one scene at a time into Timeline ... - fixed

Fix is available in beta folder.
The Lighting Controller
jaxx00974

Post by jaxx00974 »

Great, I will try them out tomorrow.

Cheers chaps, a well earned drink this weekend I am sure ! I am a bit gutted I cant make the London demo, maybe next time.

Regards,

Lee.

Return to “6.25 beta”