Can we switch between two tabs, with midi keys ?

live control with midi devices

Can we switch between two tabs, with midi keys ?

Postby osuarez » 15 July 2015, 20:22

I am currently using the Akai APC Mini and I have used it to map my first tab Buttons #1 with four panels 4 up and 4 across for each panel. I would like to do the same with my second tab Buttons #2. Is there a way to assign a button to trigger page two and setup a second page of buttons for four more panels like I did for the first tab? I was thinking the Shift button or arrow buttons would be a good candidates for this, but under midi short cuts I do not see the tabs listed there to assign it a button. Any assistance would be appreciated!
osuarez

Re: Is there a way to assign ...

Postby support » 16 July 2015, 08:47

Sorry but we do not understand.
Please repost the question with the words "tab", "board", "page" and "button", considering:
- a tab can show from 1 to 8 boards
- a board shows one page
- a page shows buttons
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Is there a way to assign ..

Postby osuarez » 16 July 2015, 22:58

I was looking for a way to map a button on my APC Mini to allow me to switch between the two tabs. Also is there a way to program buttons on APC Mini based on the tab I am in, in SX? My thought was 4 up x 4 across per board giving me 16 buttons per page. Now if I could program (Example) the shift button to switch between tabs, I would like to do the same for another 4 boards on tab 2. I hope that explains it better.
osuarez

Re: Is there a way to assign ...

Postby Earl Harvey » 17 July 2015, 03:52

Use the Live Child window for easier access to 8 more "Boards" ...and it can be used on a separate monitor
Earl Harvey

Re: Can we switch between two tabs, with midi keys ?

Postby support » 17 July 2015, 08:47

It is not possible to switch between two tabs with midi keys.
Yes, please use the "child window".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 17 July 2015, 23:44

I use several pages with buttons on and map those. I don't use tabs at all. 4x4 on either 2/4 or 8 pages. And yes, the buttons are small, but thought out. Staderd config for me is 4 pages, p1 is static wash colors, p2 is macro for movers, p3 is different sets of movement on the washers, p4 is diff movement for the movers. Waves, circle, and so on. If i need buttons for strobeing and haze i just kram them in somewhere where there is room for those 3-4 buttons.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby Thijs_Harink » 02 January 2020, 13:26

Hello,
I am a bit into programming, and also doing lights with QuickDMX.
And I also noted that scrolling trough tabs with midi would be a very nice feature to have.
So I started programming and luckily I succeeded in this.
Now I can have multiple layers of buttons, and also I have multiple layers of faders.
And I am trying to achieve more things like a fader to map the bpm to 1/2th, 1/4th, and 1/8th of the original bpm.
So do you have other ideas for me to program that would be useful for you?
Thijs_Harink

Return to Midi