Isolating os2l actions to active deck

live control with Virtual DJ

Isolating os2l actions to active deck

Postby Sapian » 25 January 2022, 22:33

Hi all,
I have VDJ and The Lighting Controller working most excellent in cuing multiple Live buttons while a track is playing, however, it seems that if another track is playing on a deck that is getting cued up, ( not active output ) the light cues are transmitted to TLC as well. Is there a way that you can configure VDJ to only send os2l commands from the active deck?
Thanks
Sapian

Re: Isolating os2l actions to active deck, major flaw

Postby Sapian » 26 January 2022, 19:24

Well I got my reply, this is a major flaw in my view. VDJ only sends beat info from the active deck but os2l commands from cue points are triggered from all decks regardless of active status, i.e. light show turns into a mess when your cuing up a deck. I typically have 20 - 30 cues in a track and many in the intro cuing = lots of unwanted cues going to the venue. see below thread:

(VirtualDJ)
Jan 26, 2022, 20:21 GMT+2

Hello,

are you using the Poi editor for sending or just using the pads live?

If you have poi points for dmx actions then those will be send reagrdless if the deck is master or not.
Sapian
Jan 26, 2022, 19:39 GMT+2

Hi,
True, the beat info is changing to what ever deck is active (highlighted) however, os2l lighting commands in cues are triggered from decks that are playing but NOT highlighted i.e. getting cued up, even using the jog wheel to cue a track if there is a light cue in it it will trigger the lights. I’ve searched the term "master deck" and can’t find a definition in the manual. I assume its the same as the active - highlighted deck.
Thanks,
Sapian

Re: Isolating os2l actions to active deck

Postby djdad » 15 May 2022, 13:46

We hear you !

VirtualDJ will soon have improved os2l features, including the Scene trigger only when Deck is Master.
Stay tuned, will post here when available.
djdad

Re: Isolating os2l actions to active deck

Postby djdad » 23 May 2022, 14:05

djdad

Return to Virtual DJ