How i use the software

post here general topics for software

How i use the software

Postby jaxx00974 » 29 August 2010, 09:41

I am a vocalist with piano/ harmonica and have a guitarist who also sings backing.

70 songs Each with a timeline of their own

Each song timeline has the following
1. audio file (Minus all guitars and piano and vocals)
2. Lighting show sequenced in time with audio (and some of the lights are beautifully complex)
3. Video timeine has a jpeg of each verse and chorus and other auto cues and routed to secondary monitor (black background with big white clear font to help monitor glow) and we place the jpegs along timeline when needed so the lyrics change when required, works incredibly well.
4. Video Timeline also has tiny Guitar and Vocal FX midi files which are insterted throught the song when we need to use delay on vox or changing guitar sounds.

We then insert these into the Live player and assign a midi note for each song and launch them using the 99 foot pedal presets on the Behringer FCB1010 which means we never have to walk over the the laptop and hunch over clicking for songs and so on. Our set list is lying on the floor and each song has a number from 0 - 99. So if the next song we play is number 74 on our print out sheet then all we do is click bank 7 pedal 4, presto we can launch any song without even taking our eyes off the audience.

WEe have dedicated lights for the audience and dancfloor and when we do a slow song we reckon folk wont dance to there is no lights on the dancfloor (which makes them focus on the band) BUT if they do dance then we have a pedal 80 we kick and the dance lights magically appear whitout interuppting the lights we designed on stage) if they then sit down we can kick the same button and the dancefloor lights go off.

We also have stage lights on 80-89 without any audio which allows us to go into our acoustic set.

Lastly, we also use the pedals for doing songs that are part acoustic, meaning we can play around acoutically until we want the full band to kick in which works fab.

Using
12 LED Par 64 (5 behind a curtain as uplights, 6 on the rig and one stage front for uplighting)
3 Dynamo Acme moving heads
2 Lux moving heads
2 Kam Quadflowers
1 Kam Hexflower
1 Kam mushroom
1 Tricolour laser
1 Firework laser
2 Dekkers (Dancefloor)
4 Non DMX Moonflowers (Dancfloor) Wired into a DMX converter box (We wired a 4 way adapter into this converter so we can plug in 4 lights rather than wiring in just the one, all below 1000W though :-))
2 500w Halogens Wired into a DMX converter box

All wrapped up in a black clothed stage with white backdrop)

Essentially, this gives us Audio/ Lights/ Teleprompt for lyrics/ guitar and vocal FX all at our disposal with a couple of foot taps so we can concentrate on the performance. There is no other software I know off that can do all this. seems almost as if this software was tailor made for us (which in a way it was thank to support listening to our suggestions)

THought it might help in some way, if not then my fingers have bled writing this for nothing haha :-)

Cheers chaps.
jaxx00974

Return to General software