Multiple shows

post here general topics for software

Multiple shows

Postby kahilzinger » 28 December 2009, 16:35

Is there a way to save and store independent shows. For instance, if I am in venue "A" and I create a show, I see I can export it. Then, I go to venue "B" and I create a new show. Can I go between them and bring up each show on the import without affecting the default show?

Since I have a ShowXpress at the venue I normally work and a SweetLight at home, I see that the show data for both programs is stored in the user account directory. I guess I could create secondary user accounts for each venue but I would rather just re-import the venue I am in since I am using a second machine as a primary for the SweetLight venue and a backup for the ShowXpress venue.

Thank you.
kahilzinger

Re: Multiple shows

Postby support » 28 December 2009, 18:15

Each show is stored in a different folder (like "default") in the folder "home_directory/TheLightingController/LightShows/default/".
When you choose another show from ControlBoard -> Settings -> current light show, you simply set another show folder.

Please note that you must restart ControlBoard, in order to load the new show (this problem will be fixed later).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Multiple shows

Postby kahilzinger » 29 December 2009, 16:56

Awesome. Thank you.
kahilzinger

Return to General software