Ongoing ShowXpress Development

post here general topics for software

Re: Ongoing ShowXpress Development

Postby DJMichaelk » 17 February 2014, 15:29

I've been watching this post closely; in hopes of seeing something new or a timeline for something new. I'm guessing the release won't happen this year; because we didn't see it at MlB or LDI.

I'm concerned because I've since purchased an elation CompuShow 1024ec and a midicon. I like the software and love the controller. It offers everything I want, especially the "patch based" connections, which allows me to drop fixtures in and out without editing every scene. The speed of programming is greatly increased with the midicon.

I would much prefer to stay with exclusively Chauvet, currently I only own Chauvet fixtures because I don't have a good local ADJ distributor. I like the products and love the addition of "Live" with an iPad. But, this creates some issues with quickly swapping fixtures form one gig to a next. Also, there is no "Solo" button to allow me to grab a light and follow a client across the floor.

If you have a place to add suggestions, please let me know; I have 15 years of experience programming with ETC, Lep, Martin, HighEnd, etc… I'd love to Beta. I also teach a Drama Technical Program, and I can experiment with teaching students to see the ease of use and give feed back.

Could you give us a timeline on release? I understand when you add a feature it pushes release dates, but If I know it's coming, then I can dump other company tools.

What I'd love to see added to Showxpress:

Solo Button,
    Patching,
    Midi Controller to USB or wifi (faster programming for multiple fixtures and easy playback; add options for "faning" fixtures on wheel & it doesn't need to cost $500? What the ?),
    Dropbox Integration (shows, profiles & settings; multiple DJ's could access same programming or easy backup),
    Scene Sharing (Although unsupported but doable, compushow you can import another persons scenes and play them right away 'requires patching')
    Multiple window & full screen support (Allow visualizer in one window and editor in another; current windows are cumbersome)
    ARTNET??? Maybe a similar Chauvet option? It's a lot easier to run CAT5 than DMX & Cheaper,
    Bring Back the Rackmount and add multiple universes (2, 3 …7) in one rack space. Box is simple, but easily dropped.
    If you're not connecting to MAC Audio, add an audio in on the box/rack units.
    Touch Screen Support?
    Video Integration? (I don't mind using other software, but it would be great for video monograms and combining pixel mapping).

As a fan of Chauvet, I'm excited to hear about the next interation.
DJMichaelk

Postby DJMichaelk » 17 February 2014, 16:05

I've been watching this post closely; in hopes of seeing something new or a timeline for something new. I'm guessing the release won't happen this year; because we didn't see it at MlB or LDI.

I'm concerned because I've since purchased an elation CompuShow 1024ec and a midicon. I like the software and love the controller. It offers everything I want, especially the "patch based" connections, which allows me to drop fixtures in and out without editing every scene. The speed of programming is greatly increased with the midicon.

I would much prefer to stay with exclusively Chauvet, currently I only own Chauvet fixtures because I don't have a good local ADJ distributor. I like the products and love the addition of "Live" with an iPad. But, this creates some issues with quickly swapping fixtures form one gig to a next. Also, there is no "Solo" button to allow me to grab a light and follow a client across the floor.

If you have a place to add suggestions, please let me know; I have 15 years of experience programming with ETC, Lep, Martin, HighEnd, etc… I'd love to Beta. I also teach a Drama Technical Program, and I can experiment with teaching students to see the ease of use and give feed back.

Could you give us a timeline on release? I understand when you add a feature it pushes release dates, but If I know it's coming, then I can dump other company tools.

What I'd love to see added to Showxpress:

Solo Button,
Patching,
Midi Controller to USB or wifi (faster programming for multiple fixtures and easy playback; add options for "faning" fixtures on wheel & it doesn't need to cost $500? What the ?),
Dropbox Integration (shows, profiles & settings; multiple DJ's could access same programming or easy backup),
Scene Sharing (Although unsupported but doable, compushow you can import another persons scenes and play them right away 'requires patching')
Multiple window & full screen support (Allow visualizer in one window and editor in another; current windows are cumbersome)
ARTNET??? Maybe a similar Chauvet option? It's a lot easier to run CAT5 than DMX & Cheaper,
Bring Back the Rackmount and add multiple universes (2, 3 …7) in one rack space. Box is simple, but easily dropped.
If you're not connecting to MAC Audio, add an audio in on the box/rack units.
Touch Screen Support?
Video Integration? (I don't mind using other software, but it would be great for video monograms and combining pixel mapping).

As a fan of Chauvet, I'm excited to hear about the next interation.
DJMichaelk

Postby zkflow » 24 February 2014, 05:35

what do you mean with solo boton?

and with Multiple window & full screen support, live does it now... but a touchscreen optimized version would be great...

about the artnet thing... the guys at the development said something about that because is an new protocol and needs a LOT of research and testing after a BETA.

The idea i agree a lot is Bring Back the Rackmount and add multiple universes because i use to work in large events with a lot of universe. now i'm working with a D512 in a nighclub and its fine with one universe (i onle use 420 channels) but a box like the Madrix LUNA (a rack with 8 universes) would be very very great!!

Video Integration?
Well, i know you can playback some audio and videofiles, but i dont know how to setup that to show the video to a specific screen (or at least, a preview windows)
zkflow

Postby Lytz » 07 March 2014, 01:01

Hi,

It's been 3 months since my original post requesting to hear about your plans to release an update... Disappointingly, there has been little news from you guys to give us some idea of an intended release, or what we might expect to see in V7? I want to continue supporting Chauvet fixtures and software, but would like to know what is going on with development? Its been almost a year since V6.33 was released. Come on guys, what's happening?

Regards

SPM
Lytz

Postby Lighter007 » 08 March 2014, 21:01

V7 IS COMING!!! :D :D
Unfortunaly I can not come to Prolight + Sound tradeshow but I can't expect to downlod V7 here ;)
Thank you so much for still developing your Software !
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby support » 09 March 2014, 18:09

We will release a first beta version, after the tradeshow.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby zkflow » 11 March 2014, 17:52

this software has HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE future... so i hope soon they improve a lot of new stuff in V7 but i'm waiting for new hardware like a dedicated midi controller or a new interface with more universes... my little request hehe
zkflow

Postby Allan » 27 March 2014, 21:31

Don't leave us now... V7 is around the corner!!!
Allan Reiss
Senior Product Manager
CHAUVET DJ
Allan

Postby support » 27 March 2014, 22:36

We are working on small details.
We will publish a first alpha version early on next week.

Thank you for your patience.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby zkflow » 28 March 2014, 01:29

i'm so excited!!!!! i want to test v7 right now!!!
zkflow

PreviousNext

Return to General software