Lights Crash - Help

post here general topics for software

Lights Crash - Help

Postby socalmagic » 18 October 2013, 14:06

I've been using ShowXpress for a couple of years without any issues, but I've had my lights go off twice in the past two shows. The first time was in the middle of the show, and the other was before the show. Last time I noticed the lights flickered on momentarily while they were in a blackout. When I tried to turn them on I got nothing. I restarted the program and also re-connected the box, and it still didn't work. Finally, I restarted the computer and the lights were working again. I'm using the X-Factor box with a Windows 7 laptop. Please help ASAP, as I have a show tonight, and it delayed last nights show by 20 minutes and completely destroyed the show before.
socalmagic

Re: Lights Crash - Help

Postby support » 18 October 2013, 20:57

Any change in the dmx line ?
May be ground loop disturbing the dmx signal ?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1686
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby socalmagic » 19 October 2013, 16:56

I think that might have been the problem. The ground plug on two of my movers was broken off, and another light had a loose connection on the ac plug. I switched them out and had no problems last night. I also noticed a newly installed program on my show laptop that was hogging 50% of the CPU. I uninstalled it as well.
socalmagic

Postby socalmagic » 19 October 2013, 23:03

I checked my circuit board to see if the ground loop damaged my X-Factor. I have attached a picture of possible damage. Please let me know if the white puddle in the middle is normal, or if the box needs to be repaired or replaced.

[image] (saved in our system and removed from topic)
socalmagic

Postby support » 20 October 2013, 08:10

The "white puddle" is normal.
If your interface worked last night, it should be ok.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software