Editor and controlboard issues

post here general topics for software

Editor and controlboard issues

Postby Johann911 » 03 September 2013, 08:57

This problem has happened to me only a few times, but it is a worry.

I find that the programme launches fine, but when i open editor it will not allow me to click DMX or 3D view. the buttons stay red.
When this happens, i close editor and then attempt to close control board to restart the programme completely, but control board does not close.
I have to ctrl + shift + esc and then manually end the process. When i reopen the programme the problem is still there.
I have noticed that the screencontrol.exe remains running even after i shut control board, but even ending that process doesnt make a difference.
I have to restart my PC.

If im not mistaken, I am running ShowExpress 6.333
My Computer is a Windows 7 Home Premium, Dual Core 2.6GHz Pentium with 3GB RAM.
I have uninstalled the whole programme and reinstalled, but the problem persists.

It has only happened on my home PC, not the laptop i use for shows.
Johann911

Re: Editor and controlboard issues

Postby support » 03 September 2013, 14:12

It looks like a crash of one application.
Next time please try this:
- open the Windows "Task Manager"
- search and kill the following process: ControlBoard.exe | ScreenControl.exe | Editor.exe
- restart ControlBoard and then Editor.
It should work without having to restart the complete operating system.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Johann911 » 12 October 2013, 18:53

It has just happened again today. Ended all the processes and restarted the apps, but it did not fix. The only fix is restarting the whole PC, and that's not convenient.

When I launched task manager, only screencontrol.exe and controlboard.exe were running, editor closes fine.
Johann911

Postby Hecktique » 13 October 2013, 11:54

Have you checked if your IP adress (in general settings>network settings) corresponds with the avaiable IP adress?
You have to enter valid ID adresses for control board and screen control (along with ports) on the network settings
screen, where the avaiable adresses are shown in the right lower corner. I ran into the problem of 3D and DMX buttons
staying red and not responding because of a difference in the avaiable ip adresses and the ones you actually entered.
This can change from time to time, so keep checking them. Hope that gets you going.
Hecktique

Postby Johann911 » 15 October 2013, 08:24

Haven't paid attention to IP, I didn't even realise this would use IP for something that doesn't make use of network...
Johann911

Postby Hecktique » 15 October 2013, 09:16

It does, as a feature that enables Sweetlight to communicate with the Mobile App.
Hecktique

Postby Niffo » 18 October 2013, 09:53

Default IP configuration (127.0.0.1) is always OK when using all the part of the software on a single computer
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to General software