Behringer USB/Midi BCR & BCF 2000 controllers

post here general topics for software

Re: Behringer USB/Midi BCR & BCF 2000 controllers

Postby DJ Trenco » 17 June 2013, 16:25

I just bought a bcf2000, so the next weeks I will post my experience.
The first question I have is about triggering buttons in live whit buttons on my bcf.
The bcf has buttons, when I click on them a light pops up and when I push again I go's off.
When I trigger a button in live whit a button on the bcf the following happens.
If I push one time (on) it will go on, when I push again (off) nothing happens.
But when is set the button to flash, if I click one time (on) it will go on and if I click ones again (of) it will go off.
My conclusion, the software thinks when I push it’s the same as clicking whit the mouse, and when I click again the software thinks I release the mouse.
So I can set all my buttons on flash buttons but then I can’t do anything whit my mouse anymore.

Is there anyone know how I can chance this so I can you my bcf and my mouse?
Thx
DJ Trenco

Postby beuzz60 » 19 June 2013, 20:55

Hi,
Which mode have you on your Bcf and have you trying to reset it, perhaps you're in emulation mode if the Bcf was used with studio software or other before..?
Beuzz Régisseur Son & Lumière
beuzz60

Postby DJ Trenco » 20 June 2013, 10:19

Hi,

From your post I understand that you also have a BCF2000? and that you do not have this problem.
Below is a picture of the BCF2000, I have the mode set to BC.
Is this correct according to you, because there's no manual in which mode you must have for show xpress ;)
DJ Trenco

Postby jameskolb » 24 June 2013, 21:28

Can you explain the DMX output assignment for midi controls. Are we talking about controlling the sliders in the Editor or what?
jameskolb

Postby jameskolb » 24 June 2013, 21:32

support wrote:Yes Sir, this is correct.

Moreover, it is also possible to patch midi faders, straight to dmx outputs.

Can you explain what you mean by controlling DMX outputs. Are we talking about the sliders in the Editor?
jameskolb

Postby beuzz60 » 24 June 2013, 22:37

Hi DJ Trenco,

In first, I think you should reset your BCF:
1-Switch ON the BCF
2- Push and Hold ¨store & learn¨ turn off the BCF
3-Switch on again, it will be reset !

In second hand, use your BCF in USB mode U1 (personnaly I'm not using BC mode) :

Setting Device to USB Mode 1 (U-1)

USB mode 1 (U-1) is used for controlling software via USB and disables all the MIDI ports on the actual BCF2000.

1- Push & hold the EDIT button on the BCF2000, and press STORE button at the same time.
2- Release both buttons
3-Select U-1 by turning the “PUSH ENCODER 1” (uppermost left corner knob) until “U-1” is shown in the display area.
4-Push the EXIT button

At least, plug your BCF into your Laptop (usb) ,switch on and testing midi informations with a midi software like "midi trail" (Mac)
So starting sweetlight and choose the BCF in DMX midi Patch ;)

I hope I'm quite understandable, I'm french user ;)

Hi Jameskolb too,

There is no midi control in editor yet, just in live (many possibility, switch,flash button, preset faders.....) and patch Midi faders straight to DMX output directly, see : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1499

Have fun
beuzz60

Postby jameskolb » 24 June 2013, 23:25

beuzz60 wrote:
image.jpg

Hello everybody !
I tried several configurations to control my shows in midi, here is a picture of my current setup.
I use the 12" touch screen in editor to build the scenes, And in second screen with the mac during the show.
2 BCF2000 in chain for more knobs ( I would like to add a mini keyboard in USB, but it's not possible yet, i know)
IPad with mobile live mainly for flash button, Strob , special effect.....
So I'm waiting for the app design for iPad with the specifications who many user want in the forum,
And with a Blackout button (like control+shift+Z) near master faders ^_^ ??
Questions are welcome, même en français , pas de soucis ;)

Can you use the sliders to control the pan and tilt by setting the dmx outputs or are we just talking about triggering the presets.
jameskolb

Postby beuzz60 » 25 June 2013, 06:08

You can use the sliders to control the dmx Channel you want, pan,tilt, gobo wheel....dimmer....
By patching directly in midi output setup, it's just like you need for your show, that's why
I'm using 2 BCF 2000 ;) !!
So you can triggering the preset in live too !
beuzz60

Postby jameskolb » 26 June 2013, 23:04

beuzz60 wrote:You can use the sliders to control the dmx Channel you want, pan,tilt, gobo wheel....dimmer....
By patching directly in midi output setup, it's just like you need for your show, that's why
I'm using 2 BCF 2000 ;) !!
So you can triggering the preset in live too !

Awesome, I have one of the BCF2000 units on its way. If it works that good I am sure we will be buying another. So the encoders can be use to dim DMX parbars or control the Rack mount Dimmer Racks at a moments notice on a big stage.
When I performer points at a light and says turn it down, I want to be able to grab a knob and turn it down that second.
jameskolb

Previous

Return to General software