Programing when not hooked up to box

post here general topics for software

Programing when not hooked up to box

Postby anubbus » 10 May 2010, 03:18

Question,
Is it possible to program this software when you donot have your DMX hookup setup. I use an X-Factor but i want to program when i am on the move. Is it possible to do this.

Question two, is it possible to hookup to a counsel to the X-Factor so i have physical sliders and joystick. I would love to have the option to do this, but cant find a way to do it.

Thanks
anubbus

Re: Programing when not hooked up to box

Postby support » 10 May 2010, 08:31

Is it possible to program this software when you donot have your DMX hookup setup. I want to program when i am on the move. Is it possible to do this.

Yes it is possible. And you can see the dmx outputs in our bargraph and the lights in our 3D rendering.
I use an X-Factor

We see in your profile that you are Mac user, so please take care of this: http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=173&sid=90ffc452b17d5883b7fb6754bea12076
is it possible to hookup to a counsel to the interface so i have physical sliders and joystick.

This feature is not available yet.
We are working on dmx input and midi input management.
This should be ready before Summer season.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby anubbus » 10 May 2010, 13:46

Sorry xfactor is what I use in my perminent setup. I recently got a xpress 512 for my mobile rig, mainly because I love my MacBook pro.

Thanks for working on the externel board. This is my first time working with USB controlers and it always is nice to have real sliders and a joystick. Do you know if this will be a USB hookup or via another port and what controllers it will be compadible with.

Also I been digging through some info and just out of curiosity, can you use a mic on the computer for triggering. I was about to buy a magic 260 with that feature but ended up getting my xfactor and xpress 512 because of the computer ability. However sound triggers are still helpfull with strobes and all.
anubbus

Postby support » 10 May 2010, 17:38

Presently, there is no usb and microphone trigger possibiity.
And in a near future, there will be only dmx input and midi input.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software