Sharing Scenes

post here general topics for software

Sharing Scenes

Postby qhome » 31 May 2012, 14:12

Hello All,
Is there any mechanism for sharing scenes. I suggest an area where the community can upload a video of a light show and its associated scene file for a given fixture with the understanding that other users can download and use in their own shows. I believe I have mastered the software, however, I lack the creativity to program unique light shows and would like to take advantage of this type of utility if made available. It sure does take a long time to create shows without mistakes. Any suggestions?
qhome

Re: Sharing Scenes

Postby Purple Pirate » 02 June 2012, 01:05

I have asked the same question in a different way.

My experience is exactly the same. Common keyboard syntax like - cut and paste or select all would be really useful. Being able to create different scenes to play automatically would also be useful. I have also noticed that if I try to line up the time of a song and a scene with multiple steps the timing of the lighting sequence is out be several seconds.

I hope you get a useful answer for both of us.
Purple Pirate

Postby NYSoundwaves » 02 March 2013, 21:31

I also feel that this would really help with getting some really nice shows set up. I also lack creativity to makes some cool show.
NYSoundwaves

Postby Shakes » 03 March 2013, 13:27

It's a nice idea but no 2 people are going to have the same lighting fixtures or position them the same at a venue. Importing someones scene into your own show just wouldn't work

There is an area on the forum where people have posted show videos and they might give you ideas or you can search the net. for pro light shows which will again, give you ideas.

Nothing you do is wrong, so just keep playing and experimenting.

If you want automatic scenes, try using the generator in the editor section. You can get some good results that way.

Have fun ;)
Shakes

Return to General software