Can Scenes be combined in ShowXpress ? [fixed]

post here general topics for software

Re: Can Scenes be combined in ShowXpress ? [fixed]

Postby Pink LD » 04 June 2012, 15:53

Lets say I make a generator scene of my movers doing a figure of eight, so that is a multiple step scene. Then lets say I have a multiple step scene with the shutter open and the dimmer up that changes colours and I don't know, turns on the strobe on and off. How would you merge those two multiple step looks into one scene?
To be fair I probably wouldn't merge them in actuality in favor of just using a Macro with the two scenes but I am curious if this is a procedure I don't understand.
Pink LD

Re: Can Scenes be combined in ShowXpress ?

Postby DHoude » 17 June 2012, 15:31

Qhome, What you keep mentioning is not merging. It is inserting a new step in and .sce file.

Many times I have wanted to take one whole saved .sce file and cobine it with another whole .sce file. this would be a VERY useful feature.
DHoude

Postby support » 17 June 2012, 18:04

This is the job of the "Macro" buttons, in Live.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby sandersfbc » 18 July 2012, 20:02

This feature was available in version 5 of ShowXpress, which is why I still use it rather than v6. I use one to three scenes for each song, and each scene includes a smooth transition from the previous scene to the current scene. This was REALLY simple in v5, all I had to do in the builder was open the current scene, select the previous scene from the dropdown box, and click insert scene. I can't seem to find a simple way to do this in v6.25. All those features are gone.

EDIT
I just installed v6.30, and the Insert command is now in the File menu. Dang... I may have to start using it. :)
sandersfbc

Postby Niffo » 13 August 2012, 20:21

Scene merging is added in Editor for next release
Niffo
Administrateur

Previous

Return to General software