What a POS update!

post here general topics for software

What a POS update!

Postby Arnoldo Offermann » 24 December 2009, 21:30

Ok.. so far this is horrible. I copied all the files correctly to upgrade to the Windows version as explained.. however, if you export and import it back on the Mac version it says invalid.. so I copied files manually to the new version.

Problem 1: LIVE KEEPS CRASHING WITH THE INI FILE FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION

Problem 2: LIVE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO EDIT THE BOARDS AND ADD SCENES

Problem 3: Editor has no way to copy, cut, and scroll through steps in the scenes.. WHERE ARE ALL THE EDIT FUNCTIONS?

Problem 4: WHY OH WHY DID YOU GET RID OF THE TABS IN LIVE??? And still we can't have more than 4 boards... do you LISTEN to us when we ask for new features?

Completely stupid update... you really disappointed here.
Arnoldo Offermann

Re: What a POS update!

Postby support » 24 December 2009, 23:38

With friendly posts, we usually propose that you send a backup of your show, in order to check the problem. But it looks that you are too much dissatisfied with this new version, and you are not ready to forgive a possible freshness bug. So we quietly suggest you to stay with previous version.

If there is really a problem, we hope we could fix it in good collaboration with a more friendly user.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby gilsontech » 24 December 2009, 23:47

LOL, great response Support! Arnoldo, I understand your frustration, but you can't just jump on Support with a grudge. The expression fits here "You catch more bees with Honey than Vinegar." They have a while to go until this new version is "Show Ready" but it takes users like us to help report the problems and help fix them for future versions.

Now if you want a fully functional MDX software that works will all version of everything, better support and more features, contact Martin Lighting or Elation. BTW, you'll be paying 10000% more for the product, but maybe that's what you need. :)

-Josh
Working on the next BIG thing
gilsontech

Postby directsound » 26 December 2009, 21:20

Baby steps ... I been trying to help with for a long time so if we can work together we can get to a great product

MM
The Best Wedding Have One Thing In Common...Direct Sound Wedding DJ & Decor Lighting Service

Thanks,
From DJ Mikey Mike
http://www.directsound.com
http://www.doitfromscratch.com
directsound

Postby kahilzinger » 28 December 2009, 13:05

Have you tried it from a PC? MAC would be way too new before I would try something like this in production.

Though, I will be nicer, I do have to agree about the more boards and possibly stretching Live across 2 or more monitors.

I am still "beta" testing this product and will not start using it in production until I am sure there are no problems.

I do like support's responce. Patients will get you way father in life, Arnoldo.
kahilzinger

Postby Arnoldo Offermann » 29 December 2009, 01:12

I'd be a lot friendlier if support actually listened to anything suggested here.

Who releases software without a manual? I'm an experienced user and the new version is completely awkward. ALl this talk about a great software rewrite for a POS update? Freakin' A!

Also, for support to say they only help "friendly" customer is total bull. I paid for the product and thus you WILL provide customer service. Don't like it? Don't sell a crappy product-- where do I send my back up to?
Arnoldo Offermann

Postby networkents » 29 December 2009, 11:06

Version 6.00

What can I say but GREAT JOB. :D

Eric you have just saved me a load of money. I have been using Sweetlight for 5 years and was starting to look at other DMX software as Sweetlight was getting a bit old.
No need now as version 6 is bang upto date I love it, just a few little problems like i'm unable to import any of my old shows but i've got round it by moving the files manually. Can't wait till you have finished all the little bugs then we've got a great new program.

:idea: I'm hoping that now we have got mutli universes can we have a new hardware BOX with 3 or even 6 universe outputs

Have a great new year Eric and thanks for all your hard work.

Mark McCormick
NETWORK Entertainment

Arnoldo Offermann
this is a beta release to enable any bugs to be found. as with all new software some things don't show up until the program is used in the real world thats why Microsoft put Windows 7 out on beata for a year before it was put on sale.
Also remember this is free software most companys would charge for a major upgrade like this even if you have paid for the hardware.
if you right cilck on a channel slider in Editor you will find all the copy paste bits
Happy New Year
Mark McCormick
networkents

Postby kahilzinger » 29 December 2009, 16:55

Arnoldo, exactly how much did you pay for the software upgrade? I am willing to bet version 5.x came with your original purchase and that specificaly states what kind of machine it should run on and MACs are not on that list and it works fine with the orginal software so therefore, you are not owed anything.
kahilzinger

Postby Arnoldo Offermann » 05 January 2010, 03:43

Actually, Mark, most systems such as Light Jockey ALL COME with the free software-- you just pay for the hardware.
Arnoldo Offermann

Return to General software