Can not get rid of glitches on one scanner type

post here general topics for software

Can not get rid of glitches on one scanner type

Postby lerandell » 21 February 2012, 01:37

Hi,
I just bought the Show Express 512-Plus. I have all my fixtures setup and they all work and respond as they should. My problem is I have 2 - older American DJ - DJ Scan 250s that I can not get to stop having random errors/glitches. I bought a new DMX cable and a new terminator, and connected just one of those scanners up with the new cables and it still does it. Whats strange is these lights have no problems if I switch back over to my older setup of an Enntec Open DMX USB controller and Freestyler. In fact I have both lights running from the same laptop, one is on show express and the other is freestyler. I can switch the DMX lines at the lights and the problem follows show express. Here is a link to a quick video I shot of the issue. Any ideas guys?

http://youtu.be/PHELkk0Bm48
Show Express 6.29
Xpress 512-Plus
Windows XP
lerandell

Re: Can not get rid of glitches on one scanner type

Postby support » 22 February 2012, 08:28

We suggest these two tests:
- use only 2 dmx lines: one from interface to first fixture, and one from first to second fixture (without other dmx lines connected). And tell us the result
- if still problem, please try with a new empty lightshow (just adjust the sliders in Editor to see the beams). And tell us the result to.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Can not get rid of glitches on one scanner type

Postby lerandell » 09 March 2012, 16:45

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have done the procedures you asked. I Connected just those 2 lights up with my new terminator at the end. When I test I am using the editor, and there is no show saved yet. I will make a video showing details on the issue.
Show Express 6.29
Xpress 512-Plus
Windows XP
lerandell

Return to General software