A little confused here. Please help!

post here general topics for software

A little confused here. Please help!

Postby DJ De-Lux » 24 December 2009, 13:48

Hello,
I joined this (or, I guess the old) forum a couple months ago when I bought a Chauvet Showxpress Plus controller. I was told this was the place to go for info, and it has been a great resource (thanks for that). I saw the email saying that version 6.0 is out, and it can be used on the Mac. EXCELLENT!! This is what I, and many others, have been waiting for! However, is this software Showxpress software? Is it released through Chauvet? Will it work with my Chauvet controller? I guess I'm not 100% sure about how this site specifically relates to Chauvet's, especially considering their site still lists Showxpress for the Mac as "coming soon". I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I am just eager to get started programming my lights on my Mac. Thanks for your replies.
DJ De-Lux

Re: A little confused here. Please help!

Postby Allan » 24 December 2009, 13:55

This software was released within the last few hours and Chauvet is closed for the holidays until Jan 3 and will reopen again on Jan 4th. When the office is back up and running all of the "coming soons" will disappear and will read "now available!"
Allan Reiss
Senior Product Manager
CHAUVET DJ
Allan

Postby DJ De-Lux » 24 December 2009, 13:59

Oh, okay--thanks. That makes sense. This is great! I was told that the Mac version won't be available until spring, so this is a welcome surprise, to say the least! Now, about that manual... :D
DJ De-Lux

Postby Allan » 24 December 2009, 22:52

The manual is in the works, but it will definitely take a while. My estimations are going to be June for the final, released version. (Ouch!)
Allan Reiss
Senior Product Manager
CHAUVET DJ
Allan

Return to General software