I would like to have this in future sweetlights

post here general topics for software

I would like to have this in future sweetlights

Postby JAN » 13 October 2011, 19:35

Hi, I hope I leave a message for the developers here?
I work with sweetlite for some time now and it has really grown the last year.
But i'm missing a few small things.

1. a button for saving everything (fixtures, live. etc) so I can save without having to restart the program.
2. Rows in each window/page so I can have normal buttons and slo buttons in one page.

THNX
Jan
JAN

Re: I would like to have this in future sweetlights

Postby support » 13 October 2011, 21:05

a button for saving everything (fixtures, live. etc)
Where do you suggest to put this button ?

so I can save without having to restart the program
Which program needs to be restarted, and why ?

Rows in each window/page so I can have normal buttons and slo buttons in one page.
Normal button !!!
Is it so missing ?

Reminder: we are extremely busy with new big projects ; doing another function means to postpone the big projects.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JAN » 14 October 2011, 13:15

support wrote:
a button for saving everything (fixtures, live. etc)
Where do you suggest to put this button ?

so I can save without having to restart the program
Which program needs to be restarted, and why ?

Rows in each window/page so I can have normal buttons and slo buttons in one page.
Normal button !!!
Is it so missing ?

Reminder: we are extremely busy with new big projects ; doing another function means to postpone the big projects.

Off cause you have to do your work on the new projects, these were only some thing I came along.
a save button??? Where? .. maybe in live or controlboard?
in live under your menubutton "Live" maybe?

I came across this, because somebody turned of the computer without closing sweetlight first.
All changes I made where in the computers memory, but not yet saved to harddrive.
seems like you have to close down sweetlight in order to save all programmed things.
So an hour work down the drain. lost fixtures/buttons/scenes.. everything..
If you could save your work every few minutes it would be not such a dissapointment to lose only a few minutes work (programming)

Some fixtures need a dedicated Page/window, but do not need so much buttons for it to place it on several Pages.
I would be nice to make a vertical row solo and another row in that same page solo, but if you use a button in one row it would not affect the other row.
Because a Page is always completely solo or normal.

It would also (for me) .. make the need for more Pages less necesary, more pages/window/boards would make the buttons too smal to use on a touchscreen (like we do) and to slow if constanly have to change from one button view to another.

I hope you understand it now?
JAN

Postby support » 14 October 2011, 15:07

It is more clear now.

"Auto-save" is not existing because not so easy ; this function would bring several other issues.
It is much easier for everydoby if we have the reflex to click on "Save", every 10mn for instance.

Regarding Live, this program effectively saves the pages/buttons setting only when we close the program (there is no save button). We note in the TODO list: "not friendly to have to exit from Live, in order to save the pages/buttons setting".

The "one solo button per column" would complicate the "page" concept. And this, just to save boards !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JAN » 17 October 2011, 09:56

Thank you very much for your fast reply's.
Have to say that your program Sweetlight is very easy in use and now with more than 1 Page, very usefull, even on touchscreens.
In other venue's i work with Martin's LightJockey also. You have become competetive with them very much.

GRTZ
Jan van der Kuijl
Netherlands
JAN

Postby support » 18 October 2011, 08:53

Thank you for these comments.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 23 January 2012, 08:44

Regarding Live, this program effectively saves the pages/buttons setting only when we close the program (there is no save button). We note in the TODO list: "not friendly to have to exit from Live, in order to save the pages/buttons setting".

The next software release will have the option "Save" in menu "Buttons".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software