[request] Merging Lists together

stack scenes and play them with a "GO" button

[request] Merging Lists together

Postby Tomlin » 17 November 2016, 15:25

Hi

I really am excited about the potential of the new Sequential List feature. I am building up a list of about 12 songs, each with 10-15 scenes for each song. It is easier to manage if I can build a seq list for one song at a time and then save/export them individually. But what would be wonderful would be to have a way to merge additional lists into the current list to make an Event List- In other words because of the fast-paced nature of live events, it's too burdensome to have to open a different list that has been previously saved on the fly. If we had the ability to import a previously saved list into the current list at a particular Line #, you're adding a great and very helpful feature.

Thanks for considering.
Last edited by Tomlin on 28 November 2016, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Re: Feature Request- Merging Lists together

Postby Luc Henrion » 17 November 2016, 16:40

Great idea. And what about "off-line" editing? So that even during a show (or rehearsal), you could edit a list without interfering? A very simple "text-like" editor. Actually, if you rename the extension into "txt", you'll see that, indeed, the document is quite simple and could be edited easily, comprising just 7 fields, the comment, the trigger mode, the path, loop status, fade in & out and duration. But editing it in a text editor could create problems, of course! Formatting the fields would be more secure.
Luc Henrion

Postby Tomlin » 17 November 2016, 19:02

Yes, and I really hope that we get the option to add default value for the fade in and out times too because it's cumbersome to add something other than "0" for each line over and over again.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby Luc Henrion » 18 November 2016, 08:40

+1 :)
In fact all standard values should be freely defined in a "preferences" menu.
Luc Henrion

Re: [Feature Request]- Merging Lists together

Postby Tomlin » 28 November 2016, 20:41

Has there been any consideration for this? We are approaching our event date of December 9th quickly. I am hopeful that a feature will be added that will allow a list to be added to a current list.

Thanks again
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Re: [Feature Request]- Merging Lists together

Postby support » 28 November 2016, 21:48

Sequential List is beta.
Please do not use it for events.
Please note also that we might change its operation.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [Request]- Merging Lists together

Postby Tomlin » 06 December 2016, 02:15

Hi

I am well aware that it's only in Beta and subject to change. However, I'm literally begging you to please make it so that multiple lists can be brought in at one time. I have built 11 songs and each one have about 10-15 scenes and the List function is the most organized way to do it. However, they were all built song- by - song and so it's very tedious to bring in an entire event's worth of scenes again after they've all been organized by the song.

Thanks for reconsidering.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Re: [request] Merging Lists together

Postby support » 06 December 2016, 08:34

The first release of Sequential List will not manage media files.
The target of Sequential List is to propose an easy tool to play a sequence of light scenes, in a similar way than a lighting desk for theaters does.
Nothing more for now.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Tomlin » 06 December 2016, 13:16

Hi- I understand it wont handle media files- that is not what I'm looking to do.

I'm simply asking for you to allow multiple .SEQ files to be loaded at once- in other words, let us click on one .SEQ file and then press SHIFT and select others and it load them simultaneously into the queue.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby support » 06 December 2016, 14:56

Understood.
Noted.
We will see that after first release will be ready.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Live - Sequential List