Marq - Rezotube Pack

control Artnet fixtures

Re: Marq - Rezotube Pack

Postby maxmaroon » 23 June 2017, 12:11

As I noted, I tried many different configurations of artnet addresses. In the youtube video they show adding artnet adress 2.2.2.1 in the fixture menu but in the pixel menu they ad it as 2.2.2.2 I tried matching these settings for all the tubes (and other different combinations). I also did not create the pixel profile (support created the first one and told me to "duplicate"it) and I did note that I believe they need to be modified but I do not know how to create a pixel profile.

If I am not being clear then can you please explain how I can be clearer for you?
Last edited by maxmaroon on 23 June 2017, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 23 June 2017, 12:16

maxmaroon wrote:so far I have...
followed the youtube tutorial
Made sure all the IP addresses match up properly
I followed Alan Reiss' suggestions in other threads also.

I also noticed that the 96 channel pixel profile that was created is only addressed for the first fixture...if I duplicate it then they are all addressed the same and I do not know how to set up a new pixel profile (there is no information I could find on how to create a pixel profile and very little info on Artnet and Showxpress)
I'm willing to call and speak to somebody if that makes it easier. I don't mind writing out explicit instructions to help other users after we figure this out.
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 23 June 2017, 12:18

maxmaroon wrote:Also, when using Artnet do the rezotubes still need to physically be in the dmx signal chain? ...IOW, do I need to have a cat 6 going into the rezotube artnet port along with the rezo xlr ports being fed the dmx signal with the rest of the lights?
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 23 June 2017, 12:19

maxmaroon wrote:If I already have over 100 channels taken up in the first universe (with existing lights) I assume I will have to move them to a second universe so that the rezotubes can utilise their full 480 channels in universe one(?)
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 23 June 2017, 18:12

Niffo wrote:If you want to use Pixels, for each fixture you have to correctly configure the matrix (horizontal, vertical), the DMX adressing of each pixel

Is there any literature or tutorials to show how to do this? I have no problem programming files and I love to learn how to perform new tasks but I can't find helpful info online or in the manual. I will also share my troubleshooting experience with the community to help others who may get stuck.
maxmaroon

Postby support » 24 June 2017, 10:35

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby maxmaroon » 24 June 2017, 12:36

When I get back from vacation I will watch these videos again. If I have any questions I will send a YouTube link and ask them in a video for clarity. This forum doesn't seem to be your preferred method of communication.
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 05 July 2017, 22:08

maxmaroon wrote:
maxmaroon wrote:Also, when using Artnet do the rezotubes still need to physically be in the dmx signal chain? ...IOW, do I need to have a cat 6 going into the rezotube artnet port along with the rezo xlr ports being fed the dmx signal with the rest of the lights?

From the information I could find searching around the answer to this question is no. The cat 6 cable should carry all of the information for the fixture.
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 05 July 2017, 22:16

maxmaroon wrote:
maxmaroon wrote:If I already have over 100 channels taken up in the first universe (with existing lights) I assume I will have to move them to a second universe so that the rezotubes can utilise their full 480 channels in universe one(?)

from what I could find searching around...

Yes, you need to have a 480 channel fixture profile and it must be in Universe #1 to utilise Artnet.

I did find out that if you go to file>preferences>dmx universes that you can select the universe you want your hardware to communicate with; e.g. if you need to use universe #1 for an artnet fixture in an existing light show you can move your fixtures to universe #2 and then select the d12 that the lights are programmed on and change it to universe #2 and they will run your live buttons, etc...
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 05 July 2017, 22:23

To summarise...

I was unable to get Artnet to work with the rezotubes. I was able to use it with dmx flawlessly. I did call Marq lighting and they were very helpful to talk to...they recommended some things to try but nothing has worked.

I am going to bite the bullet and (begrudgingly) buy another d12 and run the rezotubes with dmx.

If any users have had any luck with these and have some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if any users need any help or guidance feel free to pm me; I'll get back to you as soon as possible and will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability (I will also address any question I can not answer.)
maxmaroon

PreviousNext

Return to Artnet