How to set up RBG laser (No name)

declare your lighting equipment

How to set up RBG laser (No name)

Postby mgdett » 26 October 2013, 00:19

How do I address and set up a custom built RGB laser?
With store bought lighting, the manual is what i refer to, or when the light fixture is already set in the software and you just have to select it, I'm able to set it up...lol...

But DMX fixtures not in the menu or without a manual, I'm stuck and cant figure out how to address it properly...

Sorry if i sound pathetic, or a nob... But I have always had a passion with lighting and have used it for many many years... But this is my first custom built RGB laser...

Thanks in advance!
-Mike
mgdett

Re: How to set up RBG laser (No name)

Postby JohnRichards » 26 October 2013, 07:00

I presume it has been built with a dmx address, either fixed or switchable.
If you know what the address is, how many channels it users, and what each channel does, either support or one of the more experienced users on the group can help you setting up a profile.
John (Happy User)
JohnRichards

Postby mgdett » 27 October 2013, 15:26

It was built with a switchable (digital) DMX addressing. Im not sure how many channels or what each channel does. I was hoping to set it as channel "1" and then leave it as the only fixture. Then move each channel slider to see what the function was, until no more sliders did anything. Then I would know how many DMX channels it required. BTW I'm using Show Express, so its a computer based DMX controller with no "hard" DMX slider board.
I hope that makes since!
Thanks for the reply!
-MGD
mgdett

Postby JohnRichards » 27 October 2013, 20:08

I think you are on the right route. Create a dummy fixture of 16 channels (all dimmers) and see what each does, and then modify and save.
John
JohnRichards

Return to Setup