Changing DMX channels

declare your lighting equipment

Changing DMX channels

Postby CH_NL » 11 February 2013, 11:54

Hi,

For a performance in a theatre I had send a lighting plan (inc. fixture positions, colors and DMX channels) to the technical crew. The show was entirely pre-programmed in Sweetlight (which worked like a charm bt the way) When arriving at the venue, I found out that they had chosen to ignore part of the plan. This brought me in a tight spot in which I had to re-address fixtures to different DMX channels in order to get them working. I had no time to check the forum, but I soon came to the conclusion I was going around this the wrong way.

* What is the best way to change DMX channels for fixtures in a pre-programmed show?
* Will this update all the scenes accordingly?
* In case of a multi-channel fixture (e.g. moving head), will I have to change each channel for that fixture one by one? Or if I change the first channel, will this change the subsequent channels automatically as well?

thx
CH
CH_NL

Re: Changing DMX channels

Postby support » 11 February 2013, 15:43

What is the best way to change DMX channels for fixtures in a pre-programmed show?

right click in ControlBoard > menu "dmx patch" > tab "dmx output"

Will this update all the scenes accordingly?

The scene are not changed (no need).

In case of a multi-channel fixture (e.g. moving head), will I have to change each channel for that fixture one by one?

In the software, you have to change each channel.
You can also edit the file "dmx_outputs_patch.ini" in your lightshow, and enter the patch manually.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Setup