"a similar course" 3DView Lightshow

virtual shows made with our software and visualized in 3DView

"a similar course" 3DView Lightshow

Postby LightningFM » 09 July 2017, 14:59

Hello, everybody!
I recently uploaded a new virtual lightshow (and I'm quite happy with how it came out :D ), check it out here: https://youtu.be/UbIhlBmnEUQ
The show runs fully timelined on "a similar course", a mashup of several tracks by Madeon and Porter Robinson, created by underscores.
The project turned out to be pretty big: 150 scenes, using 161 fixtures, 1788 channels, covering 4 universes.
The stage was originally designed to play a completely different song and features eight inclined trusses (four of them on two axes: that made the placement of the fixture in the 3DView a little more complicated). I also placed some music making tools (PC, keyboard..) for the performer on his table :)
Fixtures&Objects.png

Behind the artist, there are three "walls/shelves" that host 36 moving heads and 9 RGB strobe lights. I took this element (simplifying it) from the Shelter tour that Porter & Madeon performed together; the other light design element that I imitated from that tour are the white beams at 0:04, during the intro (they used a similar effect).
The author of the mashup, underscores, plays a lot of different songs at the same time (see underscore's video https://youtu.be/vPqU-05G8CQ?t=57s), so I tried to "translate" most of them with different lighting effects, as you can see from 00:45 in the lightshow.
At 1:28, the white dot is actually a spherical fixture, placed in the middle of an oblique triangular truss structure.
For the solo part, I chose red and purple (the colours of the keyboard), using both beams and gobo effects. At 3:06, a calm moment with blue and white lights symmetrically around the stage, broken with wide red beams.
For the final piano part, I pointed most of the fixtures to the sky, using blue rotating gobos. White beams without gobo follow the notes of the piano: each note is a separate scene, except for the ones that are moving (that effect is created in a single 7 step scene). In the end, all blue lights became white/yellow and move (symmetrically) across the audience (about 730 human models).
I decided to edit some visual effect in the video (some of them kindly provided by Huntroxic Music) that are characteristical of Porter's "Worlds" and "Shelter" tour: in my opinion, the result isn't really bad. I think that it would be really cool to see videos from the timeline/live directly in 3DView, in a sort of "picture_panel".

I'd love to see this lightshow in the real life haha :D

Here's also a bouns scene I couldn't include in the video: http://imgur.com/a/hZISM

By the way, if you have any question or feedback feel free to comment here or under the video ;)
LightningFM

Re: "a similar course" 3DView Lightshow

Postby support » 10 July 2017, 16:08

Great job Flavio !

For all, please watch it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: "a similar course" 3DView Lightshow

Postby LightningFM » 13 July 2017, 10:26

Thank You!
LightningFM