"HandClap" 3DView Lightshow

virtual shows made with our software and visualized in 3DView

"HandClap" 3DView Lightshow

Postby LightningFM » 25 March 2021, 19:11

Hello again fourmers :)
I've recently made another 3DView lightshow, built around Fitz and the Tantrums' song "HandClap". Hope you like it!
Link: https://youtu.be/nwb_jgr100U
The idea behind this one is a livestream/tv studio concept. The 3D model is built using both the default library of objects and some additional .obj files.
Please don't tell the video operator that I've placed a truss right on the rails of his overhead camera :lol:

The lighting equipment is made of 20 wash-type moving heads, 20 spot/beam fixtures and 8 strobes (that I regretted not choosing RGB fixture) mounted behind the band. I've also used 8 LED bars (two of which are shorter than the others, creating the illusion that the rig is deeper than "real") and some pars to light the performers. Some fixtures are placed on the floor to the side of the musicians, while most are distributed on vertical trusses around the stage.

As usual, the show is fully timelined, with a crescendo towards the final dance section.

For feedback, questions or suggestions type here or comment the video ;)
Enjoy! :D
LightningFM

Re: "HandClap" 3DView Lightshow

Postby support » 30 March 2021, 09:34

Thank you Flavio to make our world of lighting entertainment still living, during these hard Covid times.

Nice lightshow.
And good job the additional 3D object files. They look light (bytes size speaking). This is not easy to do light OBJ files and this is necessary for smooth 3D rendering.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 05 April 2021, 14:45

Love the camera work here Flavio. Still haven't figured out how you do it.
Anyways, nice coding bro
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby LightningFM » 06 April 2021, 22:00

Thank you Support and Thorehl!
The camerawork here is done by "filming" several times the lightshow with different camera angles and then spending some time editing it :)
I import each camera angle, synchronize all the shots (I record audio every time for this purpose, later switching to the original audio file) and then cut all the videos other than the point of views that best fit the moment.
Here's how it looks like in the editing software:
(light blue: video, green: audio, purple: text)
LightningFM

Return to 3DView shows from users