Color Changing Button Triggers?

live control with midi devices

Color Changing Button Triggers?

Postby Pultrix » 16 August 2021, 18:55

Hi,

I'm a wedding DJ in MA and in my company we utilize Weather System Wash Lighting and CUBEcho Uplights. For the past couple of weeks I've been playing around with setting up my Novation Launchpad X with ShowXPress (and everything has been great so far! I love how easy it's been to figure out MIDI bindings)

In ShowXPress, the MIDI out option allows for one static color when the button is pushed (scene is turned on) and one different static color when the button is not pushed (scene is turned off). My question is, is there a way to send multiple changing midi values to the launchpad button while the button isn't pressed?

For example, we have a rainbow fade button that fades all the uplights in the room through different colors, is there a way I could make the button trigger on my Launchpad X fade as well to signal that's the button that controls that specific effect?

Any help is appreciated, and if this isn't possible with just ShowXPress, what other ideas do people have to achieve this? I've thought about using Ableton just for the Launchpad light effects, but Ableton tends to be a memory hog and I feel like there would be MIDI conflicts.

Many thanks in advance!

System info: Windows 10 64-Bit & Utilizing a XPress 512 (Not 512S)
Pultrix

Re: Color Changing Button Triggers?

Postby support » 17 August 2021, 07:33

Sorry but our software can output only one midi message for one midi message received.
And we presently do not know any other solution for your problem.
However our knowledge in midi is limited ; we just hope some other midi professional forumers could help you.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi