No APC Mini in MIDI preferences [fixed by Windows Update]

live control with midi devices

Re: Can't find my APC Mini in MIDI preferences

Postby LightningFM » 22 March 2021, 22:23

Today I tested with both different MIDI equipment and a different laptop.

Different MIDI equipment: I tried a MIDI keyboard, but it behaved in the same way as the AKAI device.
Seems like that my OS does see the keyboard (as well as the AKAI) as audio devices but doesn't recognize them for MIDI purposes.

Different laptop: installed SweetLight on a 3 years-old customized laptop running x64 Windows 10 (not sure which version). Plugged the AKAI in and it worked fine on a fresh test lightshow.
I've investigated a little via the "Printer and Devices" page and found out that the AKAI had two additional software devices (that I believe are the MIDI ports) on my friend's laptop (see attached screenshot)
My friend's laptop (working):
My laptop (not working):
LightningFM

Postby support » 23 March 2021, 08:57

We confirm that we see same paramters than with your working PC.

But we presently do not understand why the other PC shows differently.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby LightningFM » 25 March 2021, 17:49

Understood, thank you!
I'll try get in touch with AKAI support and eventually come back and update this thread.
LightningFM

Postby LightningFM » 10 April 2021, 11:31

Update:
Yesterday, shortly after trying to contact AKAI, I decided to plug in one more time the AKAI APC Mini to the Lenovo laptop and found out - with surprise - the board was now connecting to the software. :roll:
I suspect the issue could have been solved by Windows updates (?) as I haven't done anything midi-related in between.

LightningFM

Postby support » 10 April 2021, 14:30

This is a good news !

We confirm that we did not update our software in your computer, without your permission ;-)

So if you made nothing too, there is a good chance it comes from a "Windows Update" process.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: No APC Mini in MIDI preferences [fixed by Windows Update

Postby Coyote1983 » 13 May 2021, 04:23

I’m having the same issue as the above. I have uninstalled all programs that could be over-riding. Any solutions? I have already ran all Windows updates.
Coyote1983

Re: No APC Mini in MIDI preferences [fixed by Windows Update

Postby Coyote1983 » 13 May 2021, 13:39

I have tried this on two computers and it’s doing the same thing. Both have updated Windows and currently running completely updated. They are doing the same thing. In preferences and in the MIDI tab, I can only see the midi boards under the output drop down selection and the Check Mark confirms it’s connected. But on the Input side, it shows “X” status and not connecting.

Of course, this would happen the week of my first gig of the summer. Trying to get up and running all week.

Note, earlier this week, I had update drivers to get the interface up and running, this was done at the same time I updated windows. It’s been an ordeal.

Btw I’m using the Akai Apc Mini and the Akai Mix midi boards. I have complete isolated them both at some point and plugged the USB directly from the board to the computer one at a time, still no luck.
Coyote1983

Previous

Return to Midi