Novation minipad not showing up in Midi IN on new sotware

live control with midi devices

Novation minipad not showing up in Midi IN on new sotware

Postby the patron saint » 28 October 2020, 21:19

I'm trying to use a Novation launchpad mini as a midi controller to change scenes with the new software and a new laptop.

On my older laptop and software this all worked fine and I am able to get the new showxpress to talk BACK to the new controller and laptop, when I click on a scene on the laptop the corresponding pad lights up on the controller. However, when I touch the pad and try to change the scene I get nothing.

I've gone into the midi section in the preferences and the launch pad is not showing up in the MIDI IN. Instead it's coming up as an AKAI APC20/40. (see pic attached)

It does however show up in the MIDI OUT as Launchpad mini.

I've gone on the Novation website and downloaded the new(st) drivers but that didn't work. I'm still getting the AKIA pulling up in the midi in.

I've purchased a new novation mini (mk3) and I having the same issues I had before. It's seeing it as a Akai. again the midi out is working fine.
I feel like the xpress program has a mixed up profile for the Novation mini input but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?
the patron saint

Re: Novation minipad not showing up in Midi IN on new sotwar

Postby support » 29 October 2020, 08:57

The screenshot means.

Midi in
The column "Midi device" empty means there is no midi device selected. You have to use the dropdown list to select one. This dropdown list shows only the available midi devices.
The column "Device Type" is to specify a specific midi feedback protocol which is exclusive for the device "Akai APC 20/40". You have to let it to "Default" when you do not have this device.

Midi out
It is linked to the device "Launchpad Mini" and this device is available.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Novation minipad not showing up in Midi IN on new sotwar

Postby the patron saint » 29 October 2020, 16:39

If it's that easy I'm gonna be mad I missed it!
I'll let ya know :)
the patron saint

Return to Midi