Triggering macro buttons to on but not off

live control with midi devices

Triggering macro buttons to on but not off

Postby andyfoxall » 05 September 2019, 21:52

Hi,

I have scenes built and combined into macro buttons on a page in Live. I am triggering those buttons via midi from both Ableton live and propresenter. Sometimes we have the problem of double triggering. My Ableton guy might restart something, and it sends the same midi and turns off a button. Same issue with propresenter.

I'm wondering if you can set a button, page or somewhere else, a setting to only allow midi to turn on a button. Or is there a setting like the solo buttons setting to cause a page to require one button on at all times therefor retriggering a button wouldn't turn it off. I'm sure there are other possibilities for a solution. But is there currently a solution to this?

Thanks so much!

Running the lighting controller on MacBook pro-13-inch mid-2012 Mojave version 10.14.3
Version 9.1.15 190320 64bits
andyfoxall

Re: Triggering macro buttons to on but not off

Postby support » 06 September 2019, 07:36

Sorry but this is not possible.
All triggers (mouse click / keyboard / midi / ...) do the same: first click -> on ; next click -> off ; next click - > on ; ...

a setting to only allow midi to turn on a button

If this were possible, how to switch off the button ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby andyfoxall » 06 September 2019, 13:35

Thanks for the reply.

To turn the button off, you could still click it. But as far as midi goes, if you have the page set to solo buttons then when you midi trigger a second button the first would turn off.

Another way would be if a page had a setting (similar to the solo buttons setting) where there is always a button on. You would need to build an additional button with all dmx off, but there would always be one button engaged on this page. Also, you would probably need a way to disable that page.

This may be to complicated. Just wanted to see. Thanks!
andyfoxall

Postby lockhap » 08 October 2022, 19:02

I know this post is an older post, but I am wondering if after 3 years, has support found a way to trigger midi on with the click, but not turn them of after a second click. Seems the developers at LightKey have this option.
lockhap

Postby support » 10 October 2022, 07:45

Sorry, but no change for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi