The rule is:

LTP for active channels

FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =72&t=3614
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Live Button Priority over Midi Control

Postby bcarlbnz » 23 March 2018, 02:12

I agree live button priority would be amazing.

I would use it to put all my moving heads in macros to operate together. But then if I wanted two to particularly highlight the drummer or the bridal party or add ambient lighting, then that could take priority. They could be left stationary lighting whatever I want them to regardless of any other button I push, until I take off the button telling them to stop doing that, and then they would fall inline with the rest. It would add up to save so much screen space and programming time.
bcarlbnz

Postby muscanto » 23 March 2018, 15:43

I would use it to put all my moving heads in macros to operate together. But then if I wanted two to particularly highlight the drummer or the bridal party or add ambient lighting, then that could take priority. They could be left stationary lighting whatever I want them to regardless of any other button I push, until I take off the button telling them to stop doing that, and then they would fall inline with the rest. It would add up to save so much screen space and programming time.

That's another great example. I can think of so many great uses for being able to apply button priority manually. It would really take this software to the next level. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to program, but it just might be worth it.
muscanto

Postby daan44444 » 17 May 2020, 23:23

Hello,

I would like to come back to this topic. I find many more users are starting to create much bigger showfiles with ShowXpress. I have been looking for a button priority feature for ages! I this this could benefit a lot of users.

Programming this doesn't sound too hard as a fellow programmer. Users will get a popup where they can enter and set a priority (e.g. fron 1-255) per live button. When running the scenes showXpress conpares that priority to the other running scenes. This wil also be done when a button is released, to again determine which scenes should be running based on the priorities. Even better would be to be able to set a priority to each channel, but this would be a harder task.

I hope I can persuade you to try and implement this feature. Many people will be able to benefit from this feature.
daan44444

Postby muscanto » 18 May 2020, 00:37

I agree. Still to this day, I would benefit massively from this feature.
muscanto

Postby SeekLighting » 18 May 2020, 04:13

daan44444 wrote:Hello,

I would like to come back to this topic. I find many more users are starting to create much bigger showfiles with ShowXpress. I have been looking for a button priority feature for ages! I this this could benefit a lot of users.

Programming this doesn't sound too hard as a fellow programmer. Users will get a popup where they can enter and set a priority (e.g. fron 1-255) per live button. When running the scenes showXpress conpares that priority to the other running scenes. This wil also be done when a button is released, to again determine which scenes should be running based on the priorities. Even better would be to be able to set a priority to each channel, but this would be a harder task.

I hope I can persuade you to try and implement this feature. Many people will be able to benefit from this feature.

1-255 is waaaay too much granularity. Even big consoles like Chamsys only have like 4 levels of priority.
SeekLighting

Postby bcarlbnz » 18 May 2020, 05:50

I agree this would be an amazing feature. And yeah I don't see it needing 255 different options, I can see someone going hard out with a massive amount of lights and using like 8 at the most. But even then they could probably just program it better and do it with 5. But yeah this could have saved me about a week of programming my initial set up, and yet I would still reprogram it today because it would work so much better and minimise so much screen clutter.
bcarlbnz

Previous

Return to Midi