second AKAI APC mini [fixed]

live control with midi devices

Re: second AKAI APC mini

Postby BartHornesch » 22 August 2016, 05:51

I use a different way of connecting both of my apc mini's.
I use BomeMT classic, TransMIDIfier and loopMIDI, or anything similar.

First of all I create two virtual midi "pipes" for routing the midi.

Then I use BomeMT classic to route the midi send by the second apc to another midi "pipe" so TransMIDIfier can receive its midi. (in the upcoming build of TransMIDIfier this step will be no linger needed)

Then I use TransMIDIfier to route the midi send by the first apc to channel 1 of another virtual midi "pipe".

Next I use TransMIDIfier to route the midi received by BomeMT classic to channel 2 of the same midi "pipe" as the previous step.

In your case, use TransMIDIfier to route your midi send by your Launchpad to channel 3.

I hope this will work!

If not, feel free to ask me any questions about your problem!
BartHornesch

Postby Niffo » 22 August 2016, 08:30

"Hard Midi and DMX patch" is only present in V8 for compatibility, it does not manage multi midi device inputs.
In V8, you should use the "Fixtures midi inputs" from "Editor"=>"Fixtures" module.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby support » 22 August 2016, 11:07

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Bonifacedj » 22 August 2016, 11:09

@Niffo: Thank you!
Just tried it out, that is the trick! :D
Attachments
Fixtures Midi inputs.jpg
Fixtures Midi inputs.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 17122 times
Bonifacedj

Postby Bonifacedj » 26 August 2016, 16:47

BartKrap wrote:Try changeing the "midi out" around.

Today, on my third full day programming of my second APCmini i seem to understand what you meant.
Two day's of programming in the club where i'm the resident DJ, disconnecting the APC's every evening as the club was closing and me taking my APC's home.

Today connecting both APC's in the club and 'identity' confusion again.
Unplugged them by usb, back in again; didn't work.
Removed both from preferences and added again; didn't work.
Rebooted the computer, didn't clear the confusion.

Then i un-checked the "MIDI In - MIDI Out enable" (see attachment) and pushed "Apply".
Then i checked them again and pushed "Apply" again and the confusion cleared up.
Good to know :roll:
Bonifacedj

Re: second AKAI APC mini [fixed]

Postby Bonifacedj » 27 August 2016, 11:11

okay, i need some basic instructions on how letting 2 APCmini's work without identity confusion.
How to 'reset' in case of acting as one etc.
i have just been struggling again for at least an our to let them work as two individual midi controllers, where they acted as one all the time the last our trying to continue my programming work from the last two day's.

Yesterday evening they work fine all night, but my "un-check / check the "MIDI In - MIDI Out enable" trick i thought was the final trick yesterday didn't work today.
My heart is still bouncing after the stress since i have been programming three full day's integrating my second APCmini and i want to use my lightshow flawless today on a wedding party.
i've been doing everything i could think of the last our and suddenly it worked again but i don't know yet what's the clear final trick.
For now i'm just guessing and doing everything i can, which is rebooting the computer a dozen times, unplug the two APCmini's by usb, change usb ports and so on, until something works.

So please, anyone give me the basis instructions in case of this issue.
What is causing this, how to solve it instantly without stress?

- One clue which might have caused this "identity confusion" of the APCmini's today is that i have been programming yesterday on my Macbook pro since it has a bigger 15 inch screen. But's that's my DJ laptop. My lightshow laptop is my Macbook air 13 inch. So i copied the lightshow to my Macbook air.

i'm working on both Mac's with the lastest OSX, see Midi studio screenshot from my 13inch today in attachment.
Thanks in advance.
Bonifacedj

Postby Niffo » 27 August 2016, 12:48

Not sure to understand what is your problem, but if it is an "inversion" of your 2 APC Minis, they should be always detected the same way as long as they are connected on the same USB port at boot time (preferably avoiding USB hubs). If they are not, you could always invert them in the Midi Preferences of the software.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Bonifacedj » 28 August 2016, 15:57

@Niffo: After doing my first successful, successful gig last night with three midi controllers, i've been thinking what created the stress issue with the controllers not acting any more as individuals.

Took them all three home last week and connected them to my Mac mini with four button boards open on the 27 inch screen's and 3DView on a 21 inch screen.

Then i saved and zipped the show and put it in dropbox.
Taking the three controllers to the club i connected them to my 15 inch Macbook Pro, unzipped the show saved in dropbox and there the confusion began. Pushing a button on the first APC lit up the same buttons on the second APCmini, pushing a button on the second APC lit up buttons on the launchpad. The controllers had lost their button boards i've dedicated to them at home.

Then the same issue came up yesterday when i connected the controllers finally to my Macbook Air. Took me almost an our to coincidentally fix this.
So i've learned to keep the midi controllers connected to only one computer and same usb ports. I'll connect my 21 en 27 external screens to my Macbook air at home and will take the 21 inch to the club when doing more programming in my sweetlight show with the three midi controllers connected.
I hope that will prevent the stress i had yesterday.
Bonifacedj

Postby Bonifacedj » 28 August 2016, 16:38

Niffo wrote:... 2 APC Minis, they should be always detected the same way as long as they are connected on the same USB port at boot time (preferably avoiding USB hubs). If they are not, you could always invert them in the Midi Preferences of the software.

i'm not sure what you mean by 'inverting' them in the Midi preferences. I've removed them all in the Midi preferences several times, added them back, in different order, switch on /of the 'Midi in / out enable', clicked off course 'apply' with every acting i did.
Rebooted the Laptop several times. The were not detected as individual controllers several after many times of trying.

So, as written before, i hope to prevent this stressful issue on the day of the event itself, by using them on one computer only at home and in the club.
Bonifacedj

Postby Bonifacedj » 11 December 2016, 22:10

Bonifacedj wrote:So, as written before, i hope to prevent this stressful issue on the day of the event itself, by using them on one computer only at home and in the club.

This morning, after many months, i decided to switch working with my four midi controllers from my Macbook Air to my Macbook Pro.

I had 'identity confusion' again.
One connected to my MBP, the launchpad was seen as third device and my third APCmini was seen as 4th device.

Now i learned how to correct this.
I simply had to change the device number for each button in the software from 3 (APCmini3) into 4 (Launchpad).
APCmini1 and APCmini2 were not mixed.
Bonifacedj

PreviousNext

Return to Midi