second AKAI APC mini [fixed]

live control with midi devices

Re: second AKAI APC mini

Postby Bonifacedj » 19 March 2016, 02:30

Earl Harvey wrote:you can use both the iPad and the APC at the same time...

Exiting!
I'm already shopping for an iPad Pro! (Am still a Macfreak) :roll:
Would you explain how to do that please.
Subject for a new topic i should say.

But time to sleep now for me, it's 3:30u in the morning here now.
Bonifacedj

Postby support » 06 May 2016, 14:55

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartHornesch » 07 May 2016, 14:24

For those who are still wondering, it is possible to use two AKAI APC mini's on Windows vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
If you want i can upload some screenshot and files so you can run this setup as well.
BartHornesch

Postby Bonifacedj » 07 May 2016, 14:30

@BartHornesch: yep, i'm interested to see your screenshots on how to run the setup in windows.
Bonifacedj

Postby BartHornesch » 08 May 2016, 12:08

First of all, I will upload 2 files so you won't have to go trough all the trouble of setting everything up.

Here are the links to the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4o60i ... oller.bmtp for Bome's midi translator classic
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2y4h ... troller.ms for TransMIDIfier
Note that you will still have "set up" loopMIDI and The Lighting Controller!

The programs you will need to make it work are:
- loopMIDI
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/wp-conten ... _13_24.zip
- TransMIDIfier
http://www.bewaryprods.com/software/pro ... _Setup.exe
- Bome's midi translator classic
https://www.bome.com/bome/downloads/Mid ... c1.6.1.exe

To begin, in loopMIDI you will have to create two virtual midi ports. You can use any name you like, but I preferred to use:light controller ,and APC MINI right since the goal is to make a light controller and I have my second APC MINI always on the right side.

After you have done this, you open up Bome's midi translator classic. Although both APC MINI's show up as APC MINI, Bome's midi translator classic is able to distinct them. You will have to find out for yourselves which one of them is the one you plugged in last. Note that this is crucial in order for it to work!
Once you have selected your input, select, in my case, APC MINI right.
When you have selected your in- and output, you will have to create a new preset. You do this by right-clicking in the column under Preset and then select "new"
Now right-click in the column under Name and select "add". Double click on the preset and select Capture MIDI, now press a button on the APC MINI. Click on the tab "Outgoing", click on none and select "MIDI message". Select Capture MIDI and press the same button again. Hit apply and then close.
repeat this step for all buttons and faders. Or use the file I provided for Bome's midi translator classic.

Once this is done you can now open up TransMIDIfier. Change the input port by clicking on the menu below Input1 and select APC MINI any. As you will notice, you will only receive midi from the APC MINI you plugged in first.
Now just select your output by clicking on the menu below Patch1 and select, in my case, light controller 1. By doing this your MIDI sent by your "first" APC MINI will be routed to light controller channel 1.
Once you have done this, click on the plus sign to the left of Inputs, click on the menu below Input 2 and select, in my case, APC MINI right 1.
Click on the menu below Patch1 and select Light controller 2.
If you would like I can explain to you in another post how to create Pages for your APC MINI's as seen in the screenshot, but with a bit of common sense you should be able to figure it out on your own with the help of the screenshot. You can also use the file I provider for TransMIDIfier which has 8 Pages per controller.

Now everything is set up it is time to open up The Lighting Controller, in my case SweetLight.
Go to: File, Preferences, and select, again in my case, light controller as MIDI in, and if you want, APC MINI as out. Note that you will only be able to send MIDI to the APC MINI you routed directly via TransMIDIfier, I am still looking for a way to split the MIDI out, but as soon as I know how to do this I will let you know.
restart the program, and that should be it.

I hope I have helped you and if there are any questions I will do my best to answer them!
Attachments
screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (87.84 KiB) Viewed 22082 times
BartHornesch

Postby Niffo » 08 May 2016, 14:45

Normally, with the latest V8 software, there is no need of any external program to use up to 10 (can be extended if needed) midi devices simultaneously.
Can you confirm it's working for you ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby BartHornesch » 08 May 2016, 14:51

Yes I can confirm it is working on v7 and v8. I also tried this configuration in fl studio 11 &12 and can confirm it also works with those programs.
I did not know you could use that many midi devices with v8 so I am definitely going to try if it wil work with identical devices.
BartHornesch

Postby beuzz60 » 08 May 2016, 15:44

Hi All ;)
I've just tried 2 APC Mini with last beta V8.0.92, and it works very fine.
The software sees 2 APC Mini (attached picture) canal 1 & 2, while my Macbook sees only one APC Mini, same notes and data for the both.

Le logiciel distingue bien 2 APC Mini, sur 2 canaux différents, voir les photos jointe.
Le 2ème APC Mini apparaît ainsi : APC Mini#2, alors que mon Macbook donne les mêmes infos de note et data pour chacun.
Cela fonctionne donc très bien avec 2 contrôleurs APC identiques, à essayer avec 3 ;)

Merci infiniment pour vos effort de développement et d'assistance sur ce forum.
Thanks a lot for this V8
Beuzz Régisseur Son & Lumière
beuzz60

Postby BartHornesch » 08 May 2016, 16:42

I gave it a go with beta version V8.0.92 and it indeed works, however, since I want to have multiple pages on my APC MINI's this is not really useful for me.
BartHornesch

PreviousNext

Return to Midi