fader button: midi fader at 0% turns the button off

live control with midi devices

fader button: midi fader at 0% turns the button off

Postby mondinga » 15 September 2015, 05:47

We've been getting better and better with this software in conjunction with a midi controller.

We have a small issue we would like to resolve.

Example: Let's say I create a scene that controls the dimmer channel for a qspot. Then I add that scene to the live screen. Then I make the scene a fader button. Lastly I assign the midi input to one of my faders in my midi controller. All of this works fine.

Problem: When I use the fader to adjust the dimmer scene I created, it shows me the percentage from 0% - 100%. I can go all the way down to 1%, but as soon as I go down to 0%, the scene turns off and the light fixture goes to 100% brightness. So I have to be really careful not to go all the way to 0%.

This is a how all scenes behave when assigned as a fader button. Is there a way to limit the range from 1% - 100%? The interesting thing is that if I assign a dimmer channel to a master fader and then assign a midi fader on my midi controller, it works perfectly. The Master fader can be turned all the way down and back up to 0% (in the middle) and not experience a problem.

What makes the master fader different that making a scene on live with a fader button?

Knowing how to fix this would be a huge benefit!
mondinga

Re: MIDI Trigger Behavior

Postby support » 15 September 2015, 08:55

master fader
adjust proportionally the existing levels

fader button (driven by midi)
- off > button is off
- not off > button is on, and levels fade from scene step one to last steps

For full control with fader button, you have to disable the dimmer channel in the other scenes.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: fader button: midi fader at 0% turns the button off

Postby mondinga » 16 September 2015, 05:23

Support -

I am not sure we are understanding each other. I am saying that the Master Fader works perfectly.

A fader button does not work the way I would like it to work.

When the fader button is set from 1%-100%, it works fine. When it is turned down to 0%, the button turns off. I want it to stop at 1%, so the button doesn't turn off. Can this be done or is there another solution.

I attached a picture for reference.
Attachments
75-per.png
I want to turn this scene down with my midi controller. I want to stop at 1%.
75-per.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 8989 times
mondinga

Postby support » 16 September 2015, 07:41

We 100% understood you.

When the midi fader goes back to 0, the button is switched off ; it is not possible to change that.
If you disable the dimmer channel in the other scenes, the light fixture will not go to 100% brightness when the fader button is off.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby ryvanz » 18 September 2015, 22:03

What Support means to say is that there is another active scene in which the dimmer is on. When you turn the fader to 0% on your new dimmer button, the dimmer function automatically goes back to the way it was before, with this other scene. You need to determine which other scene has the dimmer on, and edit it such that the dimmer channel is disabled for that scene.

Ryan
ryvanz

Return to Midi