Show Us Your MIDI Setup!

live control with midi devices

Re: Show Us Your MIDI Setup!

Postby Bonifacedj » 12 January 2016, 03:18

Bonifacedj wrote:Only thing i'm wondering now is how to work with two Akai's and one Apple-Mac laptop.

I slightly changed plan's since i don't need the sliders on the Akai and want a second middi controller like the Novation Launchpad mini mk2. Will it just work together with my Akai APC Mini, say the Akai for Buttons#1 and the Novation for Buttons#2 in ShowXpress?

I would like to have some guidance too please.
I already know i have to install this: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10541/midipipe
Bonifacedj

Postby AmpdEntmt » 21 January 2016, 05:07

@bonifacedj @diego lights

I just posted a guide on how to setup a mac with multiple midi controllers, you can check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4169

I use a setup with a Novation LaunchPad S and Novation LaunchContol XL and it's worked like a charm from day one.

Let me know if you have any questions!
AmpdEntmt

Postby Bonifacedj » 21 January 2016, 13:06

AmpdEntmt wrote:@bonifacedj...

Wow, thank you very much!

AmpdEntmt wrote:Let me know if you have any questions!

i'll sure do if i would get stuck.
'i ve ordered mij second Midi device, the novation mini mk2 a week ago. it's not available yet. My first one, the Akai APC Mini already works great.
And it's even possible with 16 controllers i read in your post! :D
Exiting!

Thanks again.
Bonifacedj

Postby AmpdEntmt » 21 January 2016, 16:24

No problem, I hope you find the guide useful.

16 controllers is correct, im sure most people won't use that many but the option is there.

The launchpad mini is a great device, i have the mk1 as my backup, i'm sure you'll like it. I have never used the APC mini, how do you like it?
AmpdEntmt

Postby Bonifacedj » 21 January 2016, 17:32

@AmpdEntmt:
- your guide is vey usefull, i think i would have never found on my own that i had to use the Channel Router and filter in between Midi in and Midi out like you explained in step 3b.

- I can't even imagine wat people would do with 5 controllers! :D
i'm thinking about a third controller eventually but then the showXpress software needs to have a Button #3 tab. :P

- The APC mini works great. Bought it after studying this video > Chauvet ShowXpress Training - Episode 8 // MIDI Board Integration / APC Mini.

The reason i've ordered the launchpad mini mk2 now instead of a second APC mini is because i don't use the faders on the APC mini and having two different controllers it's more clear which one is connected to Buttons #2 or #3.
Bonifacedj

Postby Niffo » 22 January 2016, 17:30

V8 already has 10 buttons tabs or windows ;-)
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby AmpdEntmt » 30 January 2016, 04:24

@Bonifacedj

The channel router and filter took me a very long time to figure out. After lots or researching into the software and trial and error, that combination ended up working great.

Thank you for sharing that video, there's some good info in there! I am now looking at upgrading to an akai product - possibly the APC 40.
AmpdEntmt

Postby support » 30 January 2016, 11:25

FYI, we heard that there is a problem to drive the LEDs of the APC 40, while it works perfectly with the APC mini.
We do not have the APC 40, so we can not confirm this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby AmpdEntmt » 30 January 2016, 19:03

@support

Noted.
Are there any other large controllers which are known to work well with showXpress and have buttons, faders, and knobs?
AmpdEntmt

Postby support » 30 January 2016, 21:59

Sorry but we only use the APC mini.
We hope other users can help you.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Midi